XXXII : Bells Will be Ringing

Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Bells Will be Ringing

It was on the verge of being two months since Edmund had last seen Elizabeth and he was becoming more and more restless. The two had now been courting for two years and this was the longest they had been apart. When Oreius had first discovered that the presumed stronghold for the remnant of Jadis' Army was located in Jadis' Castle. Peter, Elizabeth, and Lucy had all been sent to stop Jadis' Army and put an end to this war at last. Of course, the Castle was not located that far from Cair Paravel, considering it also was located in Narnia's capital of the Great River of Narnia, so naturally Edmund did not think that this battle would still be raging.

Technically, Edmund and Susan were actually able to be a part of this battle considering the battle was taking place in Narnia. Edmund wanted to be a part of this battle considering Elizabeth was going to be involved and he naturally wanted to be fighting alongside her. However, the others would not let him go, even Elizabeth.

They all knew how uneasy the topic of Jadis or any mention of her past made Edmund, considering he was kept imprisoned within the Castle for some time as well, the others thought it best that he should not be included in this battle. Therefore Lucy was sent instead and Susan and Edmund were left to remain at Cair Paravel until their return. Susan actually did not want to attend this battle and left the diplomacy to Lucy and the fighting to Peter and Elizabeth.

Susan and Edmund had received word from Malaki about a day ago that the two Queens and King would be returning today and that the battle was finally over, but there was no word on what the end result was. Edmund was now left pacing back and forth in the throne room since this was the room that the main doorway entered into, so he could greet the others as soon as they returned. It was now way past midday, and Edmund was beginning to wonder if the others were actually going to make it back today.

"Ed, calm down. You look like you haven't slept in days," Susan exclaimed as she entered the throne room along with Mr. Tumnus.

Mr. Tumnus let out a sarcastic grin as he looked at the uneasy King. "I bet he hasn't slept a wink since Elizabeth left," the faun joked and Edmund lost his strong composure with a grin and a shake of his head towards the faun.

"Edmund honestly, though, you need to relax. I'm sure they'll be here soon enough," Susan assured him.

It seemed almost like a coincidence because as soon as the words left Susan's mouth, trumpets blared outside. The trumpets played the same tune that blared the day that the Pevensie's and Elizabeth were all crowned Kings and Queens, the tune became known as their specific anthem. Edmund about destroyed the place with the way he was running down the hall like a crazy mad man. He didn't care, though, nothing could contain the excitement building inside of him. They were home, she was home! Susan and Mr. Tumnus were quick behind him but certainly paces behind.