Young!Remus Lupin x Mallory Malfoy

Mallory caught herself staring at Remus Lupin again today. She turned her gaze down quickly before Remus noticed. 

She hates the fact that she had taken a liking to him. How could she not? His beautiful brown hair and scars around his face. How he blushes at the smallest things. She was aware that her family would not approve of that relationship, so she tried not to have her emotions take the best of her.

Mallory sighed and lifted her gaze. To her surprise, Remus was staring at her. She watched as Remus' face turned scarlet red and he turned his gaze. Mallory smiled to herself. She thought that this would get very interesting. 

"Mallory, what are you smiling about?" Lucious, Mallory's brother asked her. Mallory fixed her gaze on Lucious.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's none of your business." she said and returned to her meal. Lucious scoffed. 

"You are very cocky, you do know that?" he said and continued eating. Mallory smirked. 

--- later that day ---

Mallory was walking to the Slytherin common room after her last class, when she heard some commotion ahead of her. She cautiously walked step by step, until she recognised one of the voices as Lucious' voice. Which automatically seemed weird to her. It was not like Lucious to get into big and loud verbal fights. (that's just my idea of a younger Lucious) Mallory didn't walk any further. She stood close enough to hear the fight. 

"You leave my sister alone!" she heard Lucious yell, and instantly knew what the fight was about. She really didn't want to interrupt them; she wasn't afraid, she just wasn't keen on fights. Funny isn't it, considering she is a Slytherin.  

"I-I haven't done anything, Malfoy! Leave me alone." she heard Remus say. He must be frightened. 

"I saw you staring at my sister during dinner. There's no use in denying that! We do not need you in our lives to ruin it! Leave. Her. Alone." Lucious said. At this point Mallory decided to interrupt them. She took a deep breath and quickly went to them.

"Lucious? Lupin? What is this about?" she decided to take the easy way. Pretending to not know what the fight was about was more cowardly, but way easier than to confess anything. 

"Mallory, you are not needed. Go." Lucious said without removing his gaze from Remus. Mallory glared at him. How dare he? Mallory turned to Remus.

"What is this fight about? I feel like I have the right to know." she said as she crossed her arms. Remus tried to look at anything else but Mallory. "Oh, now your not going to talk? I heard you two fighting at the other end of the hall!" she exclaimed. She turned back to Lucious, who was now staring at her.

"This is not you problem to handle. Please, go back to the common room." he firmly said. Mallory didn't move a muscle. 

"This is about me, so this definitely is my problem to handle." she said. Lucious looked at her, not even slightly surprised that she knew what the fight was about. She turned to Remus, who looked very lost.

"You can go, Remus. Sorry about my brother." Mallory said. 

"N-no problem..." Remus muttered out and slowly started walking, not turning his gaze away from Mallory. He quickly shook his head. "Sorry." he said, before quickly walking away. 

Mallory sighed and turned back to Lucious, who was staring daggers at the walking Remus. Mallory clapped her hands in front of his face. Lucious turned to her. Mallory started talking:

"Okay, first of all-"

- Remus' "POV" (didn't expect that, didn't you) -

" You won't believe what just happened." Remus said as he sat  down in the Gryffindor common room.