Chapter 2

I woke up, tired as hell. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and slammed my screaming alarm clock. Ugh. "Jo!" My mum screamed from downstairs. I moaned and went to the bathroom. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, did my hair, and obviously, did my business, washing my hands afterwards. As I opened the door, I came face to face with my impatient mother, tapping her foot against the polished wooden floor. "Hurry up, you'll be late for your first day at your new school." To be honest, I just wanted to crawl into bed, curl up, and sleep. It was 6:30 am and I was unbelievably exhausted.

~~~~~

7:45 am

"Hurry it up, slowpoke!" Calum screamed from his car.

"Will you shut up!?" I screamed back. I couldn't take this seriously and I burst into a fit of giggles as I ran out of the house, my backpack on my shoulder. Today, I decided to wear skinny black jeans, a white short sleeve top, and some lovely silver trainers. My black, curly hair was done up in a ponytail, with a few clips to hold down loose ends. I got into Calum's car.

"Are you ready for your first day?" Did he think I was 5 years old? "Sure." I huffed.

~

8:05 am

As we stepped out of the car, I looked up and examined the school. It was massive! Suddenly, I was picked up from behind, and I started screaming frantically. I definitely wasn't expecting that! As I was put down, I looked back to see Michael. "Michael!" I screamed as I hugged him as tight as I possibly could. "Jo! I'm so happy that you've finally moved here!" He picked me up, twirling me around and putting me back down carefully. Me and Michael were really close friends. I took his hand in mine and we both walked into school. I walked into the reception, still hand in hand with Michael. "May I please have a diary? I've just started here." "Sure, just fill out this form really quickly for me. It's just basic information about you." The lady handed me a white form and a pen. I sat down on a chair and filled it out patiently. "Thank you." She said, as I handed it back to her. "Here's your new diary. If you need any help finding your classrooms, feel free to come back and ask me, or ask any of the teachers or students. I'm pretty sure that you'll love it here!" Glancing at my diary, I read the room numbers for each lesson. Oh god. The lady's heels click-clacked down the hall, as I was left with Michael.

~~

Fortunately, it had turned out that me and Michael had our first class together! How lucky was that? I followed him to our first lesson, which began at 8:45 am. I glanced at my watch. 8:40 am. It was fine, we wouldn't be late. Michael and I walked into the classroom, as the teacher was busy unpacking his bag. "Take a seat, please." His voice was deep and raspy. The class slowly started to fill, as me and Michael took a seat next to each other. Soon enough, the class had filled, and everyone had calmed down and gotten themselves seated.

"My name is Mr Andrews. It's a new term here, and I will be your new English teacher.." Mr Andrews seemed nice enough, but his voice droned on for the rest of the lesson about his rules and expectations. I couldn't have been more happier when the bell rang, indicating that it was break. Yes, we just had a double lesson of English. 100 full minutes of listening to Mr Andrews. I really hope that next lesson, it'll be more interesting.