Impressions XIII

2 days later

I get up the next morning and get ready for church. I put on my dress and my long cardigan.  I curl my hair and put on my heels. I havent heard from August. The day we talked in the studio I left the house. I got this little studio apartment, only temporary I hope. I grab my purse and Bible and walk to the car.

**

"Goodmorning," I hug a childhood friend. "Hey mom,"

"Hey sugar, where's August? ,"

"I dont know," I walk in and sit down in my normal seat.

"Goodmorning goodmorning," The pastor says.

"Excuse me," I look up and August sits down next to me. Breathe Melanie. Throughout the service, we didnt speak to each not one word.

"So let me close off by saying this. Whatever your going through may seem like your in hell. But this is all part of God's plan. Sometimes he might though some good things at you and you might think its the greatest thing that ever happened to you. But in reality, it might be the worse," that's deep. "Im not trying to scare tou or anything but you are part of God's successful plan. Hes preparing you for the finale. Wake up expecting good," I clap, August claps as well. We all rise and head out.

"Hey mom,"

"Hey sweetie where you headed to?,"

"To the house, I dont know," Somebody taps on my shoulder.

"Hey," Vincent smiles at me.

"Hey," I hug him.

"Vincent how are you?," My mom says in excitement. 

"Im fine Ms.Rodriguez," I glanced over at August which keeps staring over here.

"Im sorry I missed the service, Crystal wouldnt let me leave," Vincent says.

"Its fine I get it,"

"Well Mel call me okay," She hugs me. "Nice seeing you again Vincent, "

"Nice seeing you again too," He smiles.

"Aww best friends?," He laughs.

"Yeah, that's the Bestie, " I laugh. "You wanna go out for lunch?,"

"Yeah," I follow him to his car and I see August looking at me. I play it cool and pretend as if I didnt see him.

**

I laugh as Vincent tells me a story.

"Your so mean to people,"

"Nah she was acting up," I laugh. He licks his lips and looka at me.

"You guys done?,"

"Yes thank you," I say, he he grabs the plates and walk away.

"Melanie you still love me?," He asks me grabbing my hand.

"Yes Vincent," I smile. He leans over the table and kisses me. His soft lips against mine. "Wait, no I already hurt your marriage enough, " I break the kiss.

"It can be our little secret,"

"No Vincent, "

"Melanie its fine I promise,"

"Vincent, no," he sucks his teeth and sits back down.

"Check please," Vincent says. After he pays we head back to my house. I get changed into something comfortable and walk into the living room.

"So you mad?," I sit next to him.

"No, I already told you Crystal and I situation,"

"No you didnt Vince,"