Impressions X

"Vincent is my cousin, why?,"

"How come I never met him?," I sit up.

"He doesn't come around the family,"

"Oh," Phew, I thought I said his name.

"Why do you ask?,"

"Because somebody told me that yall was really close,"

"Who told you that?,"

"Some girl I met after the concert," Was it Crystal? Her friend?

"Oh, yeah he isn't anybody,"

"Just checking, I know you wont cheat on me,"

"Yup," He smiles and wraps his arms around me.

**

"August come on," I say looking into the small mirror on the wall. I fix some of my curls as I wait. "Au-,"

"How do I look?,"

"You look good, and you know I hate it when you wear your muscle tee," I grab my purse.

"Why,"

"Because then you get girls staring," He chuckles.

"Like you don't got niggas staring?," He wraps his arms around me.

"I don't,"

"Okay Melanie, you probably don't see it," I laugh.

"Come on, you drive,"

"I always got to drive,"

"Yes August, you scared of me when I drive,"

"Yeah yo ass be reckless," I laugh and follow him to the car. The ride to UCLA was long.

"I love the song!," I turn up the radio. Cant Raise A man by K Michelle. August looks at me while I mouth the song. He busts out laughing at me. "Shut up!," He laughs and continues to drive. "This is my song," He smiles at me.

"Im not saying nothing," I roll my eyes and finish mouthing the lyrics.

"August you get on my nerves," he laughs.

"I love you too,"

"Look at you fucking up, bout to pass up the school," He laughs and pulls into the parking lot. We walk into the stadium and to our seats.

"Wassup?," His friend says.

"Wassup," August says.

"Hello beautiful,"

"Watch it," August warns him.

"What? I didn't do shit," I laugh.

"Hi,"

"Hey, Im Marlin what you can call me Mar," I smile.

"Melanie," I sit next to August.

"This place is really packed," I say.

"Yeah it is,"

August POV

"At halftime, I want you to show up with flowers and a big ass stuffed bear, and balloons,"

"August dont you think thats a little to much, "

"You right, no ballons," I give him the money. "Dont fuck up,"

"I wont," he walks out of the stadium. I walk back up to Melanie with her drink.

"Heres you sweet tea,"

"Thank you,"

"Melanie come on let me show you something," she follows me holding my hand.

"Where we going?,"

"Somewhere, "

"August tell me," They turn out all of the lights and I have Melanie stand right in the middle of the field.

*

Melanies POV

"August you know I dont like suprises," I say.

"You might like this one. Open your eyes," I look around and see that we are in the middle of the field. August smiling at me with a rose in his hand.

"August where you going with this," August grabs my hand and begins singing love again to me. Making me feel special. I begin tearing up, I just smile. Once he finishes singing he gets down on one knee.

"Melanie Gianna Rodriguez, being with you for 5 years in the best years of my life. Once I met your crazy ass, I knew we would become one. Melanie you are my everything, your the reason I smile every day. Everytime I hear your name, I cant help but smile. I love you with all my heart. Melanie, you will marry me?," Everybody gasps and aws.

"Yes," I smile. "Yes August, "he slides the ring on my finger. I look at the ring as I hug him, wiping my tears of joy.

"I love you," I kiss him.

"I love you too,"

**

Once the game is over I grab my stuffed bear he got me and my flowers and leave.

"Wait hol up Mar take a picture of us," I say, handing him my phone.

"Alright," We take a few pictures, I know Augus doesnt like pictures that much. So I stop after those few.

"Baby you really didnt have to do all that," Yes he mother fucking did.

"You deserve attention," he kisses me. I blush and wrap my arms around him.

"RING RING!," I grab my phone.

"Hello?,"

"CONGRATULATIONS!," My family yells into the phone. I look at August and smile, he is really great.

"Thank you,"

"Where are you going now?,"

"Where we going August?," I ask him.

"Wherever, I didnt plan this far," I laugh.

"Okay well make sure you come through,"

"Alright,"

"See you later,"

"bye," I hang up.

"Finacee," he laughs.

"Yes finacee?,"

"Can we go get something to eat?," I ask him.

"Yeah, I want some wingstop," We head back towards the house for wingstop.

"Look babe," I show him a video his mom sent me.

"Damn already," We are already on the news.

"I know,"

Vincent: congrats ig

I look at the  message, I shake myhead.

"Whats wrong?,"

"Nothing," I eat my fries.The whole lunch we talk and laugh. I love where we are right now.

Vincent is in the multimedia yall !