07

Willow

"Hey babe!" I heard Michael's voice, making me smile. I turned to face him but saw him talking to Cindy, making my heart speed up. I knew they were just friends, so I didn't worry as I walked to my next class.

"Hey, loser." I said to Luke, who was hurridly trying to copy the history homework before the bell rang.

"Hey," He replied, not looking up. "So, are we going to the carnival again, tonight?" He asked. I smiled, remembering last night.

"Yeah, of course. I said I would, didn't I?" I teased, making him look up at me and smile. I smiled back and the bell rang. "Did you finish?" I asked, talking about the homework.

"Yup." He replied. He looked away and the more I looked at him, the more I remembered why I loved him. He caught me staring, making me blush and turn away. "If you want, Michael can come." He said, nicely.

I smiled and pulled out my phone to let him know.

Willow
Be ready, you, me and Luke are going to the fair tonight.

Michael
So is Cindy then.

Willow
Why?

Michael
I told her we would chill tonight.

Willow
I don't like you alone with her, Mike.

Michael
Don't trust me?

Willow
Its not that..

Michael
Whatever, will. Me and Cindy will be waiting at my place. Have Luke pick us up. Thanks.

I angrily sat my phone down, focusing on the board. I heard it vibrate.

Luke
What's wrong?

Willy
Michaels being a douche, the usual, lol.

Luke
That's not okay

Willy
Luke, let it go.

Luke
Willow

Willy
Yes?

Luke
You're rad as heck, don't let anyone tell you different.

I read the message and a smile formed onto my face. I focused on my work on my desk but I felt Luke staring the whole time.

***************************

When I finally made it home, I called Kayla, deciding to invite her. "Hello?"

"Hey, come over and bring clothes. We're going to the carnival." I spoke, making her giggle. We ended the call, and soon she was standing in my room.

"So who are we going with?" Kayla asked, making me cringe, knowing I'd sound horrid.

"Luke." I said and her smile grew, "But Michael and Cindy are tagging along." I finished, and her smile fell. She looked like something was bothering her, so when I asked, she dismissed it immediately.

I shrugged it off, thinking nothing of it. We both got ready and soon Luke was knocking at the front door. I smiled, seeing him. He handed me a rose, making me smile. I turned to Kayla who was smiling as well.

"You girls ready? We still have to pick up your boyfriend, and your friend." Luke said, making my smile go sad. I had hoped he forgotten and we wouldn't pick them up.

We got in the car and Luke drove to Michaels place. I was praying they wouldn't be there but they were on the porch waiting.

"What's that on your neck?" I asked Michael immediately, as soon as I saw it, my eyes filled with tears.

"What?" He sounded slightly panicked, and Cindy looked panicked as well. I put pieces in my head together.

"Nothing." I said, ignoring the kid. Michael and Cindy got in and I already knew if Cindy says anything smart, I'd snap her.

We arrived at the carnival and Luke smiled over at me. We all got out of the car to have fun. I pulled Michael aside and pressed my lips to his gently. I felt no sparks and I decided then to sit him down soon. He pulled away and I sent him a small smile.

We all split into two groups. Kayla tagged along with Michael and Cindy to watch them. Me and Luke were left alone again, which I was happy about.

Me and Luke ran over to the merry-go-round, riding it twice before finding another ride to have fun on.

We saw a ride called Storm Twister, and we both got excited. On the ride, you buckled in with your legs hanging out. You spent around, going all the way around, reaching 150 feet, and you spent in a circle as well. It was thrilling.

We climbed on and buckled in, getting even more excited and nervous. The ride starting swinging left and right, but soon went all the way around, making me and Luke scream. I looked over at him and my heart raced.

His smile was huge, staring down at the ground, he had a spark of happiness in his eyes. He looked amazing, so I pulled out my phone. I snapped a quick picture before holding my hand out to Luke.

He looked at it confused. "This is a promise. That no matter what we feel, we wont stop doing these things together." I yelled.

His smile grew wide before clapsing his hand with mine.

  --------------------------

We all met back at the car and all piled in. We were driving down the highway, when a car slammed into Luke's. No one was hurt, but I was panicking. Michael tried to comfort me but I kept calling for Luke.

Luke's hand slid into mine and I relaxed. I saw Michael fuming, but I didn't care.

I needed Luke, not Michael.

----------

The next day went by so fast, before I knew it, school was over.

"Michael!" I called and he stopped, turning back to me. I smiled sadly, walking with him to a bench.

Lucas

I walk out of the building, smiling. I started searching for Willow and my heart burned seeing her laughing with Michael before pressing a kiss to his lips. My heart felt broken. She told me she was going to end things, but I guess not.

She looked over at me and began to walk to where I was. I walked to my car, ignoring her calls and got in. I drove off as fast as I could, not turning back.