14

Willow and Luke were currently at lunch, making small talk. Willow slowly grew fed up at how casual Luke was being.

"Why did you ignore me after the news?" Willow blurted out, surprising Luke and herself. Luke coughed, choking slightly on his food at her forwardness.

"I didn't know how to take it, I just found out that I was goimg to be a dad. I was scared." He said, truthfully and Willow nodded absentmindedly. "I'm sorry," He said after a moment of silence.

She brushed it off and began eating again when Luke decided to speak up. "Willow," He started, grabbing her hand from across the table, making her tense up immediately. "I was wrong and I'm so sorry I broke your trust. I love you, and I've missed you so much." He said, making Willow's heart beat happily.

"You've still got six months left of tour Luke." She started, reluctantly taking her hand from his. "Anything could still happen, and I can't be hurt again." She whispered.

"I called the manager yesterday. I told her to cancel the rest of the tour. For now, anyway. I want to help with Jay." Luke explain and Willow smiled, without realizing.

"Oh, uh, alright, sounds great." She tried to hide the excitement in her voice, as her smile grew. Luke smiled as well, before they both finished their breakfest in silence.

After they picked Jay up, they decided to drive back to Willow's. "Can I stay with you and Jay? For a while? I know the boys are too, and-"

Willow cut Luke off with a laugh. "You can stay Luke." She informed him, giggling. She felt at peace.

They got home and Willow went to put Jay down but Luke stopped her. "Let me do it," He said. So she let him take their child to lay him down.

Luke took Jay up to his room, and laid him in his bed. Jay began to cry and Luke started softly singing to him. "Are we wasting time, talking on a broken line, telling you I havent seen your face in ages,  feels were as close as strangers. Wont give up, even though it hurts so much, every night im loosing you in a thousand faces, now it feels like were as close as strangers." Luke sang gently, and Jay soon fell asleep.

Willow was at the doorway, smiling. She knew Luke wanted to make up for his mistakes. So she was happily letting him.

He turned to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. She gasped softly, surprised. He brought his head down to plant a kiss but Ashton saved Willow. She jumped back and said that her and Ashton were going bowling and he played along.

She went into her room and flopped onto the bed. Why did she freak out about kissing Luke? 'maybe because you got close. he left once and he could leave again, and damage you all over again.' Her subconsious reminded her, making her angry.

She grabbed her phone and noticed how late it was getting. She ran down the stairs, throwing a jacket over her new, changed dress. Luke frowned and asked where she was going and she informed him that her and Jay and himself were meeting her parents for dinner.

She also invited the boys, and they all rushed to get dressed. Luke walked down shortly, Jay in his arms, who was in a cute little tuxedo. She laughed and took Jay from him before changing him into jeans and a teeshirt before carrying him down in his carseat.

"Okay," She said, sitting Jay down as she placed her hands on her hips. "Luke, go put on something casual. Calum, something with no holes. Ashton, you don't need the top hat. Michael, thank you for being ready." She stressed and the boys went to rechange and came down in something appropriate.

They all arrived at the venue and Michael, Ashton, and Luke all jumped out of the bed of the truck. Luke was still kinda confused why Calum rode up front with her and not himself. Calum got Jay out and they all walked inside.

They all looked like they were a bunch of teens ready to destroy shit. Willow giggled at the idea before they all walked to where her mother and father was. "Hello, darling." Her father said, getting up and hugging his daughter.

Her mother did the same. She began speaking to her about how college was going and when she was going to hand the baby over to them so she could focus.

"Never, Jay is my son and neither of you are getting him!" Willow confirmed, getting angry.

"Hunny, we just want whats best, and.." Her mother paused for a minute. "..that thing, is distracting."

Willow looked at her mother, practically fuming. "That thing as you call it, has a name, its Jay and he is your fucking grandson." She raised her voice, making her mother gasp.

"Don't use such language here, Willow Anne!" Her mother exclaimed but Willow laughed.

"Fuck. You." Willow yelled, before grabbing her son and walking out, the boys following behind.

She felt tears brim in her eyes as she looked down at Jay. She unbuckled him, holding him into her chest. "I love you, so much. They will never hurt you, I promise." She whispered, starting to cry.

She probably looked mad, but she really didn't care. Her parents were disapproving of Luke. Then that she wanted to focus on art. Then that she was pregnant. Now, they loathed Jay, because he got her love instantly and he doesn't have to try to buy it.

Willow was hurt. The two people that were supposed to love her unconditionally, didn't. And that hurt her more than it should've. She didn't understand why she still spoke to such a hatred filled family. They weren't even her real parents, but that's who shes know as mom and dad her whole life. So why change it now? She pushed the thoughts into the back of her mind as she asked the boys if they wanted to grab pizza.

This was her family, and she was damned okay with it.