Chapter 7

AH. i suck at updating.

and this is the shortest chapter ever. i promise, ill put more effort into the next chapter! its just i really wanted to update before my busy weekend!

Dedicated to BelieveInMe143 (:

Enjoy, anyways!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Aurora-

I woke up, jumping, to my blinds from my window crashing against each other. Being scared the minute I was awake, I slowly stood out of bed, making my way over to my window. I closed the window, so that my blinds wouldn't crash into each other anymore. I rubbed my arms with my hands, trying to keep me warm. The window being open caused the cool night air to get into my room over night, and now it was freezing in here.

I walked over to my closet, grabbing a sweatshirt out of my closet, pulling it over my head. I adjusted the waist of my yoga pants, and walked out of my room, walking down the stairs. Lee-Ann was, what a suprise, in the kitchen while my father was at the table. Just another day.

But today was definitely different. And I could tell the second I stepped into the kitchen.

My father had a frown on his face, as did Lee-Ann. I tried not to stare at them for too long before taking a seat and pouring myself a bowl of cereal. Even though everyone was acting as if everything was normal, I could tell that something was wrong. And I'm pretty sure I knew what it was.

Last night before going to bed, I walked down to the bathroom to wash my face and get ready for bed. As I walked by my dad and Lee-Ann's bedroom, I heard them arguing softly through their door, and I listened for a few minutes. I couldn't really understand what they were saying, but I could tell they were trying to keep it down so Christi and I wouldn't hear it.

I awkwardly took a bite of my cereal, not knowing what to say. Normally I don't say much to them at all, but because of last nights activity, I didn't know whether I should say anything or not.

I quickly finished my cereal, trying to get out of the kitchen as fast as possible. I put my bowl in the sink, and Lee-Ann sighed. "I just finished doing the dishes!" Lee-Ann complained.

"Sorry, I-" I started, but my father interrupted me.

"Just clean the dish, Lee-Ann. It's not a big deal!" My father called, and Lee-Ann scoffed.

"If you're so freakin' worried about the dish, why don't you clean it?" Lee-Ann snapped, and I slowly started to make my way out of the kitchen.

I heard them continue to yell at each other, as I ran up the stairs and to my bedroom. The minute I was in my bedroom, my phone started to vibrate on my vanity, and I walked over to it, picking it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, Aurora!" I heard Louis' voice call, and my stomach flipped.

"Hey, Louis!" I said, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"So, my family and I used to go to this apple picking place right down the street from our house as a family tradition. We would pick apples and then pick out a pumpkin to carve at the same place. And sense me and my family really don't do that anymore, I was wondering if you would like to do it with me?" Louis blurted out, and I tried to hold back a laugh.

"I would love to!" I said, and I could basically hear Louis smiling.

"Great! I'll pick you up at your house at noon?" Louis asked, and I nodded, even though he couldn't see me.

"Yeah, that's fine!" I replied.

"Okay! See you then!" Louis said, and I said my goodbye before we both hung up. I smiled uncontrollably, doing a tiny happy dance. I walked over to my closet, picking out jeans, black converse sneakers, a plain white tshirt, and a blue Hollister sweatshirt. I put my contacts in, putting my hair up in a high, messy ponytail.

I checked my phone, at it was 5 minutes until 11 already. I grabbed a cereal bar out of the cabinet for a quick bite to eat before Louis picked me up. The doorbell shortly rang after i finished it, and I walked to the front door, my father close on my tail.

"I've got it," I said, but my dad still stood there while I opened the door; talk about awkward. I opened the door, a grin on my face. "Hey!"

"Hey, Aurora," Louis said, and my father scrunched his eyebrows together. He walked towards me, looking out the door. "Oh, hi, Mr. Williams."

"Hello, Louis. I didn't know you were going to be here today," My dad said, looking over at me, and I looked at the ground.

"Yeah, I'm taking your lovely daughter out to go apple picking," Louis said, smiling and my dad gave me a weird look.

"Apple picking, eh? Aurora hasn't been apple picking since she was a little girl!" My dad said, smiling.

"Dad," I whined, and Louis laughed softly.

"Alright, I'll let you two go. Have fun!" My dad said, and I nodded, and Louis grinned. We walked outside to Louis' car and we got inside, him opening the door for me.

"I've always liked your dad," Louis said, and I glared at him. "What?"

"He was actually in a good mood. Last night I overheard him and my step-mom fighting, and this morning things weren't any better," I said, looking over at Louis.

"I'm sorry," Louis said, reaching over and taking my hand in his, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"It's really okay," I said, looking out the window, noticing we haven't moved from my driveway. "Let's just go, okay?"

"Sure!" Louis said, smiling and I smiled back as we pulled out of my driveway.