Chapter 2

Picture to the right is Aurora :)

Dedication to MrsHoranMaslow, because shes cool. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Aurora-

I sat in my assigned chair, occasionally having people come up to me to say hello. As I searched the room, I saw a girl with red hair, sitting alone at a table. She looked extremely familiar, and after a moment of looking at her, I remembered who she was. She was one of Rick's daughters, and her name was Abbey. I remember her from a couple years ago, because we actually were pretty good friends.

I decided that instead of both of us sitting here alone and being miserable at this boring party, we could be miserable together. I stood up, making my way over to her. I wonder if she will remember me.

"Abbey?" I questioned, just making sure that it was even her. I mean, it was 3 years ago when I was friends with her, and she was 15 at the time, me being 16. We've both changed a lot since then.

The redhead looked up at me, meeting my eyes. "Aurora?" She questioned, and I nodded; she remembered me, too. "Oh my god! You've changed so much!" Abbey exclaimed, a smile growing on her face.

"You have too. It's een a while, huh?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Yeah, 3 years!" Abbey said, and I smiled slightly; just slightly. "So, how have you been?" Abbey asked. Not great, I wanted to reply. But I'm sure that she really wouldn't want to hear my very long sob story. She was just asking a simple question; I'll give her a simple answer.

"I'm alright, and you?" I asked, not looking her straight in the eyes. When I looked back up, she was giving me an expression that looked like she didn't believe me; I wouldn't believe me either.

"I'm okay," Abbey says, nodding. At this moment, a girl with long, curly blond hair approaches us. She gives me a warm smile before turning towards Abbey. "Aurora, this is my friend, Faith. Faith, this is Aurora," Abbey introduced us, and Faith and I shook hands.

"I just wanted to come and say hi before One Direction started up their performance," Faith said, still smiling at us.

"Excuse me, everyone. If I could have your attention, please," My father called from the stage, and everyone looked in his direction. "If everyone could start settling into their assigned seats."

"I'll talk to you guys after dinner?" Abbey asked, and Faith and I nodded before walking towards our tables.

"We have a special performance for everyone tonight from One Direction," My father said, a grin spreading on his face. People started to clap and whistle, and I clapped slightly. "And here they are! Please give a warm welcome to One Direction!"

-Louis-

"Please give a warm welcome to One Direction!" Brian, the owner of the record company, called out.

"Here we go!" Niall said, a grin on each one of my bandmates faces; even mine. Even though this party is going to be boring, performing is going to be the best part. Performing is always the best part.

We all walked onto the stage, the audience clapping, some whistling, too. We shook hands with Brian before we started out performance. Before we actually started singing, we decided to introduce ourselves to the audience; even though everyone in this room knew who we were anyway.

"I'm Harry," Harry said, a grin on his face as he looked at the rest of us.

"I'm Liam."

"I'm Zayn."

"I'm Niall."

"And I'm Louis," I said, and we all smiled at each other before continuing.

"We're going to start of the night with our song, What Makes You Beautiful," Zayn announced, and the music started to play.

As Liam started the first line of the song, I looked out into the audience. I started at the right, looking at each table individually. The first table on the right had Rick Hooks family, his wife, Amy, and daughter Abbey sitting at a table. I only knew their names because Rick talked about them a lot. It's not a bad thing that he talks about them; I actually like listening to him tell us stories about them. He truely loves his family, and that's good to hear.

As I continued to browse the tables, I recognized almost everyone sitting at the tables. Some people I didn't recognize because they were either husband's or wife's to people that I work with. It's good to see that all these families are here to support whoever works for the record company.

And then, I got to the last table, our table that we would be sitting at later tonight when we eat dinner. Brian, the owner of the company sat there, smiling a proud smile at us. Next to him was his wife, I'm assuming. And then, there was a girl with blond hair - that was obviously not her natural hair color - and was chewing obnoxiously on gum. I had the temptation to roll my eyes at her; I had heard from plenty of people that Brian's family was kind of weird.

And then I saw her.

She was sitting gracefully, if sitting gracefully even really could happen. Her long, wavy brown hair hangs naturally past her shoulders, her bangs clipped back out of her face. Her brown eyes were glowing in the lowly lit room, watching us; watching me. Her black and pink dress complimented her figure, and I couldn't help but smile slightly as I looked at her. She was the definition of gorgeous.

And knowing that I got to sit at the same table as her the whole night puts a smile on my face the whole time we perform.