Chapter 4

I'm so bad at this whole "updating" thing.

Anyway, enjoy! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Aurora-

After dinner was served, most of the party had cleared out. Only my family - if you could even consider them that - were the only people here along with Abbey's family, Faith's family, the members of One Direction and the clean up crew. As I looked around the room, I saw Niall, Abbey, Faith and Liam talking over on the other side of the room. As I continued to look around the room, I saw Harry and Zayn coming over to talk to Louis and I, who were standing next to each other off to the side, waiting to leave.

"Okay, do you think we should be the nice gentlemen that we are, and go and help those two young girls over there?" Harry asked us, and Zayn rolled his eyes.

"The only reason Harry wants to go over there and help is because he wants to flirt with them," Zayn said, and Louis and I laughed at them.

"You never know Zayn, there are two girls over there. Not just one for Harry," Louis said, lifting his eyebrows up and down, and Zayn glared at him.

"Then it's settled! Come on, Zayn, let's go!" Harry urged, grabbing onto Zayn's arm, and dragging him over to the two girls. Harry and Zayn approached them, and one of the girls with bright red hair looked up and smiled at them. The other girl with curly brown hair, probably wondering why she had stopped working, looked up at the boys herself.

Louis shaked his head at them, laughing softly. "Harry's such a flirt," He said, and I laughed quietly.

"Come on, Aurora! We're leaving!" Christi said, coming up to me and Louis. She waved at Louis, winking, before walking away. To hide my glare, I rolled my eyes at her.

"She's, uh, interesting," Louis said, and I looked at him, and his eyes widened. "She's nice though! I meant that-"

"Louis, it's okay. I don't like her either," I said, looking over at Christi who was now interrupting Abbey, Niall, Faith and Liam's conversation.

"Wait, isn't she your sister? Aren't you suppost to like her?"

"No, she's my step-sister... It's a very long story, that you probably don't want to hear about," I said, laughing softly under his breath.

"I do want to hear about it," Louis said, and I looked up at him to see if he was serious or not. But to my suprise, Louis' expression was completely serious, and he looked as though he really cared; if that wasn't crazy, because I just met him.

"It's too long of a story, to be honest."

"Than that gives me an excuse to see you again," Louis said, smiling slightly, and I blushed. "Oh! I got you to blush!" Louis yelled, and a few people around us looked at us, and I smacked his arm lightly.

"Alright, fine," I said, and Louis smiled, satisfied.

"Good. Now, hand me your phone," Louis said, and I raised an eyebrow, before reaching into my purse to hand it to him. Louis smirked as he tapped on the screen of my phone, before handing it back to me.

"I'll text you, tomorrow!" He said, and I nodded.

"Alright. Sounds like a plan."

"Aurora! Come on!" Christi yelled at me, and I jumped, looking in her direction. She was giving me a dirty look, so I returned it.

"The devil awaits," I said, turning back to Louis, and he chuckled.

"Alright. I'll talk to you tomorrow, then?" Louis asked, and I nodded. "I'll talk to you soon, gorgeous," Louis said, before smiling at me and walking away. I looked after him, wondering if this was really happening.

I walked towards Christi, Lee-Ann, and my dad and we walked out of the building, leaving that's nights events behind. Not techniqually all behind, though. I know that I will always remember the things that happened tonight.

The ride home, Lee-Ann was complaining about how late that party lasted, and my dad tried to talk to her softly, telling her to stop without raising his voice. No matter how annoyed he gets with her, he will not ever raise his voice at her. Because he can't face another woman walking out on him. So, instead of listening to Lee-Ann's annoying voice the whole ride home, I decided to close my eyes and sleep the rest of the way home.

When I was just about to fall asleep, my phone vibrated in my lap, and I jumped. I rubbed my eyes, not caring whether my make up got messed up, and unlocked my phone. It was midnight, why would anybody be texting me right now? I went to my messages and clicked on 'New Text Message.' I almost burst out laughing right in the car at the name that popped up for the person that had just texted me.

I looked at the screen, reading the new message. 'New Text Message from Sexiest Boy I Know ;)'

You can only guess who put that in.

Sexiest Boy I Know;): Hey! :D

Aurora: Louis. Your name in my contacts is ridiculous. And I have now changed it! >:D

Louis: You didn't like it? :(

Aurora: I don't know how to answer that.

Louis: Fine!

Aurora: So, why are you texting me at 12:02 in the morning?

After a few minutes, Louis wasn't replying. He might have fallen asleep, I thought. That thought was proven wrong when my phone vibrated only a couple minutes later.

Louis: I told you I would text you tomorrow, and techniqually, it's tomorrow.

Louis: Hey, Aurora! It's Niall, Louis fell asleep before he actually sent that message... so I kidnapped his phone. That's just his excuse to text you, by the way. He was just to desperate to wait any longer to text you. ;)

Aurora: Wow.

Louis: I know! He's totally inlove with you. (its still Niall, by the way.)

Aurora: I was saying wow to the fact that he fell asleep before sending the message, but if thats what your talking about, then...

Louis: It's Louis, now. I'm so gonna kill Niall for stealing my phone.

Aurora: You go do that.

Louis: So... what did you two talk about?

Aurora: Don't you have the messages? And besides I have to go. I'm almost home and I'm exhausted.

Louis: Okay. Goodnight, Beautiful. ;)

Aurora: Night!

I put my phone back in my lap and stared out the window.

What just happened?