Chapter 22 (Finale)

HEY PEOPLE. I’M HERE.

This is clearly off hold, but this is indeed the last chapter. It’s really long because I feel like you guys deserve it because this story was on hold forever.

I really hope you guys enjoy the conclusion to this story because you’ve waited so long. There are a lot of references to the prologue of this story, so I hope you guys can catch those.

And shout out to the people who are actually stuck around to see this conclusion because I guarantee most people gave up on me oops.

Picture: Louis (I needed something that made him look sad OOPS)

No song because I don’t think there’s a song that could describe this chapter at all.

Okay I’ll stop babbling now, enjoy!

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Louis)

                The doctors weren’t lying. Aurora is really gone.

                I’ve been in denial since I was told. I still can’t believe that the one person, who’s ever meant so much to me, is gone. It doesn’t seem right. I wish I could go back in time and change the way things turned out. I could have prevented all of this. If I went back in time, my life wouldn’t have turned around to become a complete mess.

                The boys and I all climbed into the van we were taking to the funeral. I climbed into the third row of seats, Liam driving and Zayn in the passenger seat. Niall and Harry sat in front of me and they all turned to look at me. “You ready, Lou?” Liam asked and I didn’t answer. I turned my head to look out the window, and I heard heavy sighs come from the front of the van.

                It was a long, silent car ride. No one said a word, and to be honest, I didn’t mind. It left me to my own thoughts. I still can’t believe this is actually happening, and it didn’t seem real until we were pulling into the parking lot of the funeral home.

                We all got out of the car, all taking our time as if that will delay everything from happening. I barely lifted my eyes off the ground just to see Aurora’s mom and dad, together for the first time since their divorce, greeting people as everyone walked through the door. Her mom was hugging another woman, tears in both their eyes. Her father shook another man’s hand, his lips barely moving as he spoke softly to him.

                We all made our way towards them, and I got to the end of the line. All the boys shook their hands but when I got to them, Aurora’s mom wrapped her arms around me, beginning to sob. “I’m so sorry,” I whispered to her, as I held her. “It’s my entire fault.”

                “It’s not all your fault, Louis. It’s mine, too,” She stated, little sobs breaking up her words.

                When I finally separated from her mom, I shook hands with Brian and I could see him muster up the best smile he could. “Thank you for treating my daughter so well, especially because I didn’t.”

                “Thank you, sir.” I said, and Brian gave me a pat on the back as I entered the building.

                “It’s an open casket,” I heard Harry whisper in front of me, as he turned to look at me. “You okay, Lou?”

                “Yes,” I said softly, looking at the ground and Harry sighed. As the boys and I made our way over to the casket to pay our respects, I stared at my feet, not wanting to accept the fact that this is really happening. As soon as the boys were done and had moved to find a seat, I stood in front of the casket and looked at her. Her face pale, her hair sprawled out around her head. Her arms crossed on her stomach, and her eyes closed. She still looked beautiful to me. Even though I knew she was gone, I was still expecting her to sit up and open her eyes and tell me everything was okay.