Chapter 9: Those were the days

Hey guys!! Here's the next chapter of Adopted By R5. The last chapter was hide and seek. I also skipped a few months last chapter it was summer. So this chapter is going to have the game of hide and seek, and then its going to have them at a pool. So I forgot to say that in the last chapter. So its June 10th. Guys one more thing, the last last chapter, so chapter 7, it was a little cold out .... so thats how Peyton got sick. So...... now its about 100• outside.

Riker's pov:

"Why don't we play hide and seek?" Peyton suggests. "Okay." "Riker you're it!" She says before taking of to hide. The others follow behind her. "Count to 30!" Ross yells. "1...2...3......4....5......6" "29... 30. Ready or not here I come!" I yell. I head up the stairs, knowing that Ross or someone is hiding up stairs. As I walk over to the stairs, someone sneezes. "Hm.... I wonder who's in here!" I say opening the under the stairs door. I open the door and see Rydel sitting there. "Found you!!" I say. "Only because I sneezed..." She says. "Help me find the others." I tell her. "I think I know where Rocky went." She says.

Rydel motions me to follow her. She leads me out the back door. "Why would he be out here? Its blazing-" Rydel shoves me into our pool. Man! I need think more often. When I resurface, Rydel had taken off while, I was under the hide water. "Cheater..." I mumble under my breath. I glance around, an spot Ryland's video camera. It had recored everything. I turn it off, and run back inside.  Rydel bought everyone enough time to re-hide. How do I know? Because I saw Rocky run to a different room.

Who should I find first? Ahha! Ryland. He loves Peyton almost as much as Ratliff loves her, so he'll help me find Ratliff. Most likely place he'd hide? Where did he hind when we were younger? The tool shed! No matter how many times someone would get pushed into the pool, he'd never leave that spot. I walk back outside, and head over to the shed. I open the doors and there stands Ryland. "Not a big surprise, since your camera was over there." I say smirking. "Haven't found anyone else?" He asks. "No. I found Delly, but she cheated and pushed me into the water. Will you help me? " I ask. "Sure. Ratliff texted me saying that Peyton has a really good hiding spot." "He's hiding in her closet?" "Yep." "He'll find Delly for us." I say.

We re-enter the house, and head upstairs.  I open Peyton's door, and look in. She was in here. Rocky was on the floor. Maybe before Ellington came in here, she dropped it thinking it was me. "She was here." I whisper to Ryland. "Yep." He whispers back. I walk over to the closet. I swing the doors open. Ratliff looks up from his phone. "You little nitwit!" He says through clenched teeth. "Hey. I would've found you anyway. Flappy Birds." I say. "I'll help you find the rest." He says, standing up. "F.W.I; I honestly have no idea where Peyton is." He says.

After about 10 minutes we find Ross. He was hiding downstairs, behind Ratliff's old drums. Ratliff walks over to them. He runs a finger through the dust on one of the symbols. "Man. Some days I still wish we were kids." He says.

~Flash back ~

Ross, Rocky, Rydel, Ryland, and I were all in dance class. I was about 16 at the time. We were going to start a band, but we didn't have a drummer. "Hey, guys. You know that Ellington kid? He said on the first day he played drums." Ross says. "True he did." I say. We all walk up to him. "Hey, Ellington do you play drums?" I ask. "Yeah, why?" "We want to start a band, and we were wondering if you could be our drummer. We were going to call it R5." I say. "My last name is Ratliff, I respond to that." "So its settled?" Ryland asks. "Yep." "One.... two..... three.... four... 5 five!!" We all say, throwing our hands up in the air.

~End of Flashback ~

"My first set of drums, I played for R5." He says sighing. "Yep. Those were the days." I say, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Well?" "Well, what?" "Try them out, see if they still work. You could always teach Peyton. I know Rydel is planning on trying to teach Peyton the piano." Ratliff nodes, and pulls out is drum sticks. He starts to play a random song. When he's done, he looks up. "Yep." A tear or two slip out of his eyes. "Come on. I don't Ratliff to start to cry." I say. We all agree, and head upstairs.