The mermaid secret

HHilda's POV

"And we'll never be royals" My phone busted out Royals by Lorde. I groaned and reached for my neon-cover phone.

"Yes?" My voice sounded sloppy and more than unwilling to answer that call.

"Gal, you gotta wake up!" My boyfriend announced in a sassy-fail tone.

"Leave me alone!" I said while putting it on speaker and rolling to the other side of my bed.

"I'll get you a caramel latte from Starbucks!" He said suggestively.

"I'm there" I announced, suddenly awake.I rolled to my side, wanting to get off my bed but instead, I landed on the floor with a loud Thud!

"Oomph" I groaned in pain.

"Babe! Are you ok?"

"I guess" I muttered.

"Phew! See you there in 5mins got it?"

"What?! No time! Bye!" I screamed, pressing the end call button.

I freshened myself up,then realization hit me like as storm. Duh! I have powers! I concentrated on making the skies grow dark and built up a heavy storm .

I smiled at myself knowing that Colin will now be late. Until one minute after I cast the spell, the sky returned to a clear sky! I growled in frustration, knowing that Colin did that, and that is the problem why having a boyfriend with the same powers as you is frustrating.

I walked into my closet and picked out a white skater dress with artistic rainbow swirls at the bottom. I wore it with rainbow dyed Vans.

I grabbed a canvas bag and rushed out, my hair pinned in a messy bun with designer chopsticks.

When I reached, I saw the new mean girl taunting Moon. Colin who walked to my side upon seeing me,noticed this and walked up to them, trying to be "manly" I trailed after him.

"You and your little pesky mermaid friends better be here at noon and don't bring that goody-two-shoes sea witch Oceania.Remember what I said loser." She sauntered of and Moon stood there looking as sad as a blank piece of canvas.

"What did she want" asked Colin.

"She wanted me,Bella,Pearl and Hilda to meet her outside school later on. I'm scared" Moon replied her voice trailing off.

I looked up and caught sight of Bella and Pearl. Pearl was wearing shorts and a shirt which says ' Keep calm and fashion on' with red converses. Bella was sporting white shorts with a long sleeve, wide neck and clinching-the-skin galaxy top.

"What's up?" They asked. When Pearl noticed Moon's terrified expression printed on her face, she started to bomb her with questions. Before Pearl can ask another question, I stopped her and recited to her what had happened between Moon and Claire.

Colin had a stressed facial expression as he tried to figure out what Claire wanted and understand the situation.

Yep, that's right, I can practically read his mind. Literally.

Suddenly, he looked up and eyeing us said " I think I know what she wants from you four. You guys are all mermaids with a different and special power, right?" We all nodded in unison.

" I feel that she might want to claim your powers for herself! I read it from one of the books from Oceania's shelves in her dome."

We all gasped.

" Look at her bracelet, what do you see?"

He said pointing at her bracelet on Claire's right hand, it was clear and had no type of solid inside it, almost invisible in fact.

"Nothing" I replied.

"Well, that bracelet will soon contain your powers when she seeps them out from you."

A crease of worry formed on Bella and I's head and its not because Colin still owed me a latte, it's because of what I heard from Bella's mind.

She wanted to sacrifice herself.