Chapter 4

"Said her name was Georgia Rose , and her daddy was a dentist, said I had a dirty mouth but she kissed me like she meant it..."
The latest One Direction song player loudly in my alarm clock.

I groaned loudly, and I opened my eyes slowly so they can get accustomed to the sunlight which was filtering through the window.I sighed, today was a school day! I went to the toilet , thinking a good bath will help me go through the whole day.

As I quickly took of my clothing and jumped into the water,I felt the transformation happen.

I shivered as I felt the cold water run down my back, as always.

Realisation falled over me like a cloud, I'm like a mermaid now all I have do to is to clench my fist!I rolled my eyes at my stupidness and with my palm open, I concentrated on making the water turn into a warm water, not to cold not to hot.

Thankfully, I succeeded and I didn't accidentally let all the water in the tub evaporate.

For another 30minutes, I relaxed until my little sister came running down the hall screaming like a mad woman.

"Pearl!Get out of there,the bus is coming in 20 minutes!"

" Twyla, wait a minute, don't come in!"

I sat on the edge of the tub evaporating the water on my tail then the water in the tub.

As soon as the smoke was cleared, I went into my walk-in closet and I browsed through the possible oufit choices.

In the end, I chose a halter neck ombre top with ripped skinny jeans and ankle boots top it off with hoop earrings .Hey!I can be a fashion diva!

I rushed down stairs with my school messenger bag and I grabbed a waffle while screaming a quick goodbye and hopping on the bus.

I walked down the aisle and as usual I gave out high fives and stuff. Sometimes popularity is just hard!I saw my usual seat with someone already sitting on it.

She had long brunette hair and brown eyes which were full o wonder.

I plopped down the seat, and to make a good impression,I stuck out my hand and grinned.

"Hey, I'm Pearl, nice to meet you"

"Umm hi, I'm Hilda"

She looked at me with a weird look as if she knows something about me.

" I know who you are,Pearl"

She exaggerated on my name, then realization dawned on me she knew in a mermaid! My face instantaneously turned pale and although I was sitting down i could still feel my feet rooted to the ground.

" Omigosh! Take a chill pill I'm one too!"

Wait a minute, she's a mermaid too? Ok this is getting wierd.

"Bella told me about you,Im her like BFF.."

Oh know I get it. Is it just me but am I really that dumb?

"I moved a while ago and I started attending school here. today is my first day!"

She nervously shuffled her feet. My voice returned to me and I said brightly, " Really? That's great! The school is amazing, you won't regret. So you wanna meet up for lunch outside the cafeteria? Away from the ultimate queen bee, Taylor. Good luck!" She gave me a weak smile before parting ways. I didn't follow her as i knew that by the time she finishes going I the general office, I will be halfway down the class room.

Including doing handshakes and greetings to every single person and stopping for occasional "thank you" If people comment on my oufit.

When I reached the classroom, I saw Tyler already there looking well... perfect. Me and him were good friends but I don't know what he really thought of me. I took a deep breath and sighed.

Love sucks.

I plopped on the seat and waited for the droning I stop."Ring!!" Saved by the bell. I raced down which took 15 min by the way, repeating the process.

When I grabbed my tray,
I made my way to the field outside the cafeteria and I sat on the picnic mat under the tree.Hilda was already there, munching on an apple.we exchanged greetings and when I saw no one was hearing we talked about well "fishy" stuff.

" When you transform, how do you look like?"

"Well I have blonde hair at the top and brown at the tips with ocean waves, Light blue eyes and an ombre blue tail,You?." She said sipping her ice tea.

"My tail has a gorge colour and ombré combo of pink on top, purple in the middle and blue at the bottom.my hair at the top of my head is light blue and it gradually go darker and darker at the tip of my hair.my eyes turn aqua"

"Cool!My power is to change the weather, Bella's is to control water! Yours?"

"To heat, Moon's is to freeze!Wanna go for a swim later on?" She smiled widely and we spent the rest of time gobbling up our food.

Hilda's POV

I am sure Pear did not notice this but out of the corner of my eye, I saw this boy with Pearl's crush hmm Taylor? Nah. Tyler? Yup. As I was saying, This boy with black hair and a pale face with big bright brown eyes was looking straight at me in my EYES. I instantly felt this pull towards him and he seemed to feel it too as he was locking eyes with me I don't know how many times.

I even felt disappointed when recess ended. Maybe I'll see him tomorrow...

Author's note:

Hey guys! Bella here, again. thank you so much for the reads! You can't believe how happy I am to receive 11 reads in one week thank you so much! More drama next chapter!! 😋😋😋😋