Chapter 29

*otto's pov*

"How about you take her out on an amazing ass date, and just give her everything she wants. I'm pretty sure she would like that." Awsten said.

They were giving me ideas of what to do for Jessica's birthday m which was tomorrow.

"Yeah, that seems like a good idea. Hey, I have this other idea, but I want yours and Geoff's opinion on it."

Geoff and Awsten both gave me their undivided attention.

"What's the idea?" Geoff asked.

"Well, I thought that I would give her this." I pulled out a black box that held a ring with her birthstone, which was zircon.

"Dude, you're proposing! I'm sorry to judge, but you guys have only been dating for five months. Isn't this a little too early." Awsten complained.

"Yeah dude. I think you need to rethink this." Geoff added.

"No, this isn't a proposal ring, this is a promise ring. I wanted to give her a promise ring, and just promise that we will never hide things from each other, and that we will stay with each other as long as we can.

"Oh, that's pretty nice. How much was that ring? It seems really expensive?"

"It was about $500. I had to give her the best."

"Oh wow. You're head over heals for her." Geoff said while shaking his head and drinking the rest of his beer.

"Whatever."

"So, what else are we going to do for her birthday? We could throw her a big party, or go out to some place." Awsten suggested.

"We could go to the bar that you guys met at." Geoff added.

"Throwing a party seems fun, but I don't want it to be really big, and we aren't going to the bar so you could get shit face drunk Geoff."

"Hey, I'm not an alcoholic."

"Oh, sure you aren't." Awsten said.

"Whatever."

We all sat on the couch and continued to watch tv. I then got a text from Jess. She finally got a new job at the mall. She works in the Mac store.

Jess: hey babe. I'm working a little late today. Won't be home until 7.

Otto: okay, see you then.
It was 5:00, which is the time she usually gets off.

"Damn it, we ran out of beer." Geoff yelled.

"Maybe it's because you drunk it all, you alcoholic." Awsten retaliated back

"I'm not an alcoholic!"

"Whatever."

"Hey Otto, can you go with me to the store?"

"Yeah."

"Hey don't leave me alone. I wanna come." Awsten complained.

"You can come if you want."

We all got in Geoff's car and drove to H E B. We went in and bought beer and some candy. Awsten of course had to get his orange juice. While at the cash register, I noticed the cashier was staring at me. I looked at her, and she blushed.

"So, what are you boys up to tonight?" She asked.

"Oh, just planning what to do for my friends, girlfriends birthday." Awsten said.

"Oh that seems fun. I get off in about ten minutes. I could help you guys out."

"No thanks. We got everything covered. And all of us have girlfriends. Well, Geoff doesn't, but still, no thanks."

The cashier just looked at Awsten, shocked that he even said that.

"Well, have a nice day."

We walked out with our stuff and went to the car. We finally arrived at Awsten's house and continued to just watch tv.

"Awsten, pass me a beer please."

"No bitch. I'm not your slave."

"Why do you have to be so complicated?"

Geoff got up and got his own beer. While he was up, he made himself some popcorn.

"You guys want any?"

"No thanks. I'll just eat all of this candy." Awsten replied.

"I'm not really hungry. Besides, I'm about to go to Jess' place. She's about to get off of work in 30 minutes."

"Okay. Have fun. Oh, and what time are we going to throw the party tomorrow, and who should I invite?"

"The party should be around five, and just invite some close friends. She never really met anyone, except for Ciara, Jawn, and everyone else who toured with us."

"Okay dude. We'll see you tomorrow. And make sure to use protection. We don't need little babies at this moment. We already have to deal with this one." Geoff said pointing at Awsten.

"Shut of Geoff."

I left out and drove to Jessica's apartment. I used the spare key that she gave me, and let myself in. It was pretty cold in the house, so I turned on the heater. I turned on the tv, and watched it until Jess came home. The door unlocked, and Jessica walked in.

"Hey babe. How was work?"

"It was okay. Sammy slipped on some water that was on the ground and broke her leg, so that's why I had to work the extra two hours. I told her to watch out, but she didn't listen."

"Oh wow. I hope she is okay."

"Yeah, me too."

"Well, the good thing is that your birthday is tomorrow. You're going to be 24."

"Ugh. I'm getting older. Soon I'm going to have grey hair and dentures. "

"I think the gray hair is already growing in."

"What?" She panicked while running to the bathroom to check her hair.

"I'm just kidding Jess. There is no gray hairs. And even if there were any, you would still look hot as hell."

"Whatever. So, what did you get me  for my birthday? "

"I can't tell you that. You have to wait until your birthday."

"Fine. Well, I'm really tired, and I have a feeling that you have big plans for my birthday. I'm going to take my shower and head to bed."

"Okay. I have a little bit of work to do, but I'll be in there soon."

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and prepared for her shower. I went back to the living room and got on my laptop. I was making sure that all of the things that I bought for her birthday was paid for. Jess and I were going to go indoor skydiving. Jessica always wanted to go skydiving, but she was too afraid to actually jump out of a plane, and it's December, so it would cold as hell. We were also going to go to the aquarium, and then go to Awsten's house for the party. After I checked everything and made sure everything was paid for, I went and took my shower and went to bed. Jess was already sleeping, so I just slid in bed next to her. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and then went to bed. Tomorrow is going to be the best birthday she has ever had.