Chapter 21

"Wake up jess please. Please don't leave me."

Those words haunt me every day. I here them over and over again in Otto's voice. It has been a week since I was delivered the news. I could only dream about death, just death. I tried to think of all the positive things, but death was all that popped in my head. What if I am going to die? What if no matter how hard I try, I will still die. Will o ever even see Otto again? Those thoughts were the worst. What if I don't even get to see Otto before I past? We would never get a proper goodbye. There's no way I'm going to let death win. I know that I wanted death to win before, but not now. I wanted to live. I found reasons to live. Otto is one of those reasons. You never know how much you love someone until you push them away.

"Good morning miss Jessica. You're up pretty early." Nurse Heather said.

Nurse Cathy hasn't been here for the past two days. She told me the day before she left why she was leaving. Apparently her son got into huge trouble, and she needed to take care of everything. She also said she just needed some time away from the hospital. There was way too much stress on her, especially with my situation. Nurse Cathy pictured me as her daughter. I could see why she would need some time. Her "daughter" is about to die in two weeks, and it's up to her and some other people if they can save her. Really, its up to my body if I'm going to live. It's up to my body if it's going to cooperate and let me live.

"Well, let's go get breakfast, shall we?" Nurse Heather offered.

I honestly wasn't even hungry. I wasn't hungry the past week because of the news. But I had to eat. Eating was the only thing that could keep me alive. She brought in some food and laid it out in front of me. It was something that my nutritionist made. It seemed like it had a lot of vitamins and minerals in it. I started to take my first bite when my chest just suddenly ached in pain. I let out a faint whimper and fell.

"We need help." Nurse Heather yelled.

Nurses and doctors started to swarm around me. They rolled a hospital bed into my room and got me in it. We were in the mental part of the hospital. We needed to get to the main part. They rushed me down the halls and into an empty room. I was fully conscious until they put a mask over my faced. In about ten seconds, I was out

--------

Beep, beep, beep, was all I could here. I slowly started to wake up. The room was dark, and there was no one in here . I slowly start to sit myself up, when a doctor soon walked right in.

"I don't think that would be a good idea. You might open up one of your stitches ."

"Stitches ?" I asked, panicking a little.

"No, I'm just kidding. You don't have any stitches. Their was no surgery that took place, we just took some test and, we found some interesting things."

I gave him the look as to say keep going.

"Well, your red blood cells are starting to get to the healthy amount. Before, you had very little red blood cells, now, you have the healthy amount. Another thing we found is that your vitamin levels had increased drastically."

"So, what you are implying is that I'm healthy, and I'm not going to die?"

"Yes, that's what I'm saying. Back when we took the last test, your heart wasn't getting enough blood, causing it not to beat at its normal pace. Your heart stopped beating for a little bit, so that's why you had the chest pains. I guess god was with us, because all of the other doctors said that there was no way you would survive, but look at you now. We still want to keep you for the next two weeks just to make sure you are completely healthy, and that nothing will go wrong. I have some medicine and antibiotics to help with some things."

"Wait, then why did my chest hurt this morning ?" I asked.

"We aren't really sure about that. That's why we are keeping you for the next two weeks. It could have just been your heart not beating for a couple of seconds. But to be completely honest, I'm not sure."

I shrugged my shoulders. I'm not dying, but there is still something wrong with me.

"Thank you so much." I said jumping up and giving him a hug.

"Oh, no problem. For a small person, you give a really tight hug."

We both laughed and then I returned into the hospital bed.

"Go ahead and get some rest, it's already 11:36. We will take you back to your other room tomorrow." He then turned the lights off and walked out the room.

I didn't really feel tired, but once I put my head on the pillow, I was asleep.