Chapter 35

"What do you want?" I gulped.

"You're going to help me get out of here." He said, "and you're coming with me."

"Why ?" I asked.

He pressed the blade harder and Cleo gasped.

"Alright! alright!" I said, "let her go."

"If you trick me, she dies." He threatened.

"I won't...just let her go." I pleaded.

The other patients in the room weren't awake. There was no one witnessing this. He hit Cleo on the back of her head.

"No!" I gasped as she fell to the floor.

"She will live." He spoke, "now come on."

"How do you expect to walk out of the castle?" I frowned, "they will never let me leave."

"I saw your husband go." He walked to me, "no one will stop you. Turn around and start walking before I end you both."

I had no doubt that he could. He was bulky and huge, with scars running all across his face. I turned around and started walking, hoping that someone would see what was happening.

"Where?" I whispered.

"The stables." He answered quickly, "now move."

It was just as he said, the staff noticed me and while some gave weird looks, no one spoke. I was losing hope.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, walking straight out of the infirmary and towards the stables. I did it as slowly as I could.

He cursed out loud.

"Stop asking questions." He hissed finally.

I did as he asked and led him to the stables, hoping to find Shar. I had to make sure someone knew.

"Your highness, how may I help you?" I heard someone ask.

I turned to find a young girl.

"Where is Shar?" I asked before the man could stop me.

"Brother isn't well. He will return tomorrow." She beamed.

Just peachy.

"Get two horses." The man ordered before I could prolong the moment.

She looked at him wide eyed and then turned to me.

"Do as he says." I muttered, hoping that she would realise something was wrong.

"Yes, your highness." She bowed and ran off to the horses.

"Where is the Queen?" The man asked once she was gone.

It took me a moment to register. He was talking about Dominic's aunt. This was one of the men who had attacked the palace. I didn't understand how he ended up in the infirmary. He probably pretended to be a soldier of Isolde.

"Dead." I lied.

"Just as I thought." He spat.