Chapter 4

"Why are we stopping here?" I questioned, getting off Eurus.

We were outside the pub where I had been caught stealing at. My trembling had ceased but I had no doubt that it would return, and also that it would get worse every time. It was only a question of when.

"I need something. Now come on."

Domineering moron.

Dominic left Eurus and dragged me inside. I kept my head down, glad that I had decided to let my hair grow out for once. It was shielding my face and I hoped to keep it that way.

"What can I get you?" a scantily clad woman walked up to us and looked Dominic up and down. I could see appreciation in her eyes. She noticed me some time later and grimaced, "and your lady friend?"

"I want the strongest drink you have." Dominic said. I had no clue why.

"We have something called the dark death. More than a few glasses will kill you."

"Why do people drink it then?" I asked. It made no sense.

"Little girls like you won't understand." She said with disdain and turned to smile at Dominic, "They say it takes you to heaven."

I ignored it despite wanting to beat that smile off her face.

"Perfect." He muttered, "Get me a bottle."

"We don't serve it in bottles." She was confused.

"And?" Dominic gazed at her with cold eyes.

"I'll see what I can do." She gulped and practically ran away. I looked around and realised that the pub had grown silent and people were watching us with great interest. It was mostly filled with men and the only women around were the servers. Most of them were curious but some were glaring at Dominic with anger.

"Isn't that the thief you caught Gus?" I heard someone ask.

"It is! Hey you! Girl!" A man yelled and I turned to look.

It was my old friend bald head.

"Seraphina isn't it ?" he asked, getting up slowly. Dominic turned his cold gaze to the men and I was getting ready to run.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shrugged.

"You stole money from me ! We caught you and delivered you to that fat boar !" He said, getting angrier by the second. I decided to play on his ego, wishing that he would fall for it.

"Are you saying you got bested by a girl?" I smiled, "A girl managed to steal from you and run away?"

"You're a sneaky one." Gus walked to me, "and you won't get away this time."

"But it wasn't me the first time either." I desperately hoped he would believe me.

"This time, I'll have my fun. This time, there is no King that wants you alive." he smiled as if he had figured out the cure for his baldness.

"Ah, but you're wrong." Dominic smiled and it was chilling. It didn't reach his eyes and made him look cruel.

"We'll beat you to a pulp first." Gus pulled back a fist and rushed towards Dominic.