Chapter 24 (Turning Over A New Leaf)

*Charlotte*

Nothing beat waking up to the one you loved, knowing that they loved you too. The way he told me, it was perfect. He knew how much his letters meant to me, now I have his words on paper instead of only having them in my mind. I think I'll have it laminated and framed.

I propped myself up on my elbow, looking down at the beautiful man whose arm was tossed over my waist. His sleeping face was so cute. I had to trail my fingers through his hair while admiring him. The sadness hasn't hit me yet, I was trying my best not to think about it at the moment. My mind was on him, I wanted it to stay that way for a while.

I couldn't believe it, all of it was like a dream. After all this time I thought for sure that I had no chance with him. Now he's secretly in my bed, soundly sleeping after staying up with me half the night trying to reach Austin and kissing, we kissed a lot.

Last night we called Austin's house over five times before he answered. I hate it when people have caller ID. On the eighth or so ring, he picked up and sighed as a greeting. "Austin, pack your bags," I had told him. "You're leaving for New York in the morning."

The boy that had been MIA for so long told me I was the most beautiful person in the world and he would be here tomorrow. I didn't blame him for cutting himself off from the world during this hard separation between him and Niona, I did the same thing when Brant was dating other girls. It was a feeling I don't wish on anyone.

So far, although it wouldn't last long when Austin showed up, this morning was peaceful. It was perfect, just like the boy with the silky smooth hair I couldn't stop running my fingers through. He was the definition of handsome, always has been even when he was a young gentleman.

"Charlotte," he hummed. His arm tightened around me, pulling me deeply into his body. He hummed once again, nuzzling his face into the pillow with a slight smile when he felt my fingers running through my hair.

"Morning," I whispered. He opened his eyes, the intensity in those navy blues making my cheeks warm over in remembrance of how they looked last night every time he would look at me.

"Good morning, beautiful," he sleepily grinned. "What does a guy have to do in order to get a kiss from a pretty thing like you?"

I giggled uncontrollably like a maniac who had escaped the psych ward. It just made his grin grow wider. When I went to hide behind my hair, he brushed it to the side to reveal me once again. "I don't know," I shyly replied. "I don't think my boyfriend would like it very much if I kissed you."

He raised a playful brow, propping himself up on his elbow like I had done so we were eye level. "I beg a differ, sweet lady. I'm one hundred percent sure he would love it if you kissed me."

I laughed as he pounced on me, carefully pinning my body down into the bed for his pleasure. He poked my ticklish sides, making me squirm and holler through my laughter for him to stop. He didn't let up for a while, not until I had laughed so hard that I cried. When I reached my insanity point, he leaned in to take what he wanted before I was able to brush him off.

His delightfully rough lips met my much softer ones. We were opposites a lot of the times, yet when we kissed it was always perfect. He smiled, satisfied that he was getting what he wanted. I'd give him whatever he desired or needed without any hesitation.

"We can't do this," I happily sighed when he moved his lips from mine to my neck.

"Why not?" he softly whined against my skin. "Is there some law I don't know about that says I can't make out with my girlfriend? If so, that's not freaking fair."