Chapter 35 (Their Future)

Today was Brant's birthday and he made it known to me for two reasons. One, he was excited about driving four hours to see some PBR with the tickets I had gotten for him at Christmas, and two, our parents miraculously agreed that instead of driving back in the dark with the danger of us falling asleep behind the wheel, we were staying at a motel for the night. My dad's only condition was that I start taking birth control.

Brant was currently sitting on my bed with his guitar, serenading himself with the well known tune of the Happy Birthday song and waiting not so patiently for me to wake up by howling, "Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday you devilishly handsome sexy beast! Happy Birthday tooo me!"

Diesel howled with him from the floor, trying his best to jump up on my bed to sing side by side with the devilishly handsome sexy beast. I have never laughed so hard in my whole entire life. "And many more!" Brant added.

I sat up in bed, tossing my arms around his neck to pull him in close. He smiled when I softly kissed him good morning. "Happy Birthday, babe," I beamed.

"Thank you, beautiful." He placed his guitar to the side, deciding to cradle me in his arms instead. "Is it too much to ask for a birthday breakfast?" he asked.

"Of course not."

He squeezed me tight, giving my cheek repetitive kisses. "I would've had Jives fix it, but he sort've doesn't live here anymore, so I was hoping my girlfriend would make me something special." He jutted out his bottom lip, hoping I would incline.

There was no way I could deny him, it was his birthday after all. "What's the something special you want?" We stood up together to head into the kitchen, even Diesel decided to stand to follow us.

"If it's no trouble..." Brant said with wide innocent eyes. "Steak and eggs would be nice. I may have already defrosted the steak fillets out last night so it would be ready to prepare this morning."

I pulled his arms around my waist, taking a step up on the top of his feet for height as I brought my lips to his. "It's no trouble at all," I beamed at him. "How do you want your eggs?"

"Scrambled, please." He cupped my face pulling me back in for a couple more kisses. "You're the best, you know that?"

I squealed when he picked me up in a suffocating bear hug. He swung me back and forth in the tight embrace, planting kisses all over my face. "Let me go so I can get started on it!!" I laughed. He refused by kissing me continuously while eagerly wrapping my legs around his perfect bare torso.

"I want my birthday kisses," he whined. "I get eighteen, right?"

I snorted, finally wiggling out of his strong hold. "I thought the tradition was spankings?"

"Well I was keeping it PG, but if you wanna go all out I'll happily oblige, honey-biscuit."

Ignoring his suggestion, though it made me laugh, I tugged the birthday boy out the bedroom door to make his breakfast. He grabbed a handful of my butt on the way down the hall, whispering that I was the best birthday present he had ever seen. I smacked his hands away when the door to my father's room opened. Brant chuckled and slipped his fingers through mine to hold my hand.

"Morning, princess," my father yawned, his eyes looking extra tired today.

"Morning, daddy," I chirped, kissing his cheek. "Are the boys still sleep?" I peered inside of the room, grinning at the sight of the twins curled up next to one another in Jives' old bed. I then noticed that Chanel was missing. She had been here last night. "Where's you're fiancée?"

My father ruffled his hair, grumbling, "Hopefully on the highway to hell," under his breath.

"Did something happen?" I worriedly asked, not for their relationship's sake, but for his. "Is everything okay?"