Chapter 21

hey!

Just so you know The Caveman and Me is back! I renamed it and Now its called Lost In The Wilderness 💟 its up now so go check it out!

ITS WAS SO HARD TO GET THIS CHAPTER OUT BECAUSE I HAD A HUGGGGGE WRITERS BLOCK. but finally i got the chapter out. sorry its short.
~~~~

Onyx p.o.v

A week has passed since walking up in Doctor J's basement.

After waking up, he continue to treat me in his work station. where, I found out its the place where her mixes his elixirs and medicine. Thanks to the painkillers, other medicine and some physical therapy, I felt almost brand new. The stab wounds on my shoulder and the slash on my shoulder blades that the doctor stitched up, were now almost completely healed. and because of that, the doctor gave me the 'okay' to move around. The doctor just told me not to do too much, because my stitches would bust if I did. I would usually walk around the cabin with Serana and our group. Ysabelle's stomach was getting big. I nearly forgot that she was pregnant with the Vampfairy's baby, and because the baby was part vampire, her pregnancy will be faster than a humans. She was two months  and 3 weeks along so that would equal about six months in human pregnancy time, so she had a month  left untill she gives birth. Ysabelle was usually with Eric but when he was gone she would be with Ellis.

One of my new favorite pass times were to watch Serana learning to read and write with Kyoto. Serana is extremely intelligent. She was learning things in a alarmingly fast rate and that was enough to have the pride fill up in my chest.

In most kingdoms, Education was only for the upper class. the lower class was seen as too dumb to learn. And the evidence that was before me  proved that that theory was false. Serana was learning extremely fast plus, she didn't have any contact with civilization proving that anyone was able to learn. In my country, it was simply because the lower class couldn't afford it. I had decided that when I become king, I would make education available to all citizens, regardless of class.

After Kyoto's lesson, it was now evening and Ellis prepared dinner. After dinner was prepared, we all gathered around the table and took our seats. She served us Potato soup with garlic bread and a cup of goats milk. Dinner was lively and and everyone chatted and laughed together as if we were all family. But after all that happened, and all the hardships that we have been through, I considered them my second family, except Eric of course.

After dinner we all lingered in the dining table until nightfall, after that, Doctor J Went to his room to sleep and the rest of us went to the basement went to the basement to sleep also.

SERANA POV
-----

I couldn't sleep.

Laying on the basement floor next to Onyx's sleeping form, I look up at the ceiling in boredom. Through the cracks of the wooden floor above, I could see a soft light illuminating the the cabin above.

I wonder who was up at this time?

Giving Onyx a gentle kiss on the forehead, I slowly stand up. I adjust my loose nightgown and put on my black cloak before going to the old wooden door and exiting the doctors workstation, where Onyx and I slept. After closing the door behind myself gently, I was in the main room of the basement. Elis, Ysabelle and Kyoto lay soundly asleep on the ground before me. I carefully step over them and my way up the wooden stairs . I opened the door that separated the basement and the upstairs and took a step forward.

I was greeted by the wide open space of the cabin. I was currently at the back of the cabin. When you first leave the basement you walk straight onto the kitchen, which was fully stoked with food and smelled heavenly. At the far left side of the kitchen, there was some stairs that went to the upper level of the cabin. When you go farther into the cabin, you walk into  the dining area. The dining area was simple and homely with a long dining table in the center with eight chairs. If you continue walking you will enter the sitting area where the was a fireplace against tbe wall with three padded chairs. that's when I noticed Eric standing by the front door, his back to me.

He stood tall and intimidating as always. His long chocolate hair was pulled up into a messy bun with a leather strip. He wore a plain white tunic that had two embroidered holes for his wings to go through. Those large earthy emerald wings hung relaxed and folded against his back. Eric wore plain beige trousers with calf high boots.

"Serana, your up." Eric says facing me while still on the other side of the cabin.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me.

"My hearing and smell are better than a humans, remember? I heard you moving up the stairs and I smelt your distinctive smell getting closer." he explained. His ruby red eyes on me, the candle in his hand softly illuminated the room.

"Oh..I hope I don't smell bad then, I guess." I say awkwardly.

"Never. It's quite the opposite actually." A small smile on his lips.

"So, where are you going? It looks like you are getting ready to leave."

"I was..uh..going to go and pick some herbs outside the castle walls." He answered pausing a couple of times, and unreadable expression on his face.

"This late at night? I could come and help if you want." Offered, adjusting my cloak and making my way over to him.

"I cant really do it in the day time because im a wanted person, remember?" He say chuckling "You ready?"

I nod and he opens the door, letting me exit first as he follows close behind me. I breath in the fresh cool air and exhaled happy to get fresh air in my lungs. Right when I was going to take a step onto the street, Eric grabs my arm suddenly. I look up at him in question.

"Ill fly us over the wall so we wont be seen." He say, but something was off about him. His blood red eyes shined down at me in a eerie Manor, watching me as if I was prey. He had a large cunning grin on his face, his forked tongue ran over his sharp white teeth. With fear settling in my stomach I began pulling my arm out of his grip.

"I think I should go-ouch!" He gripped my arm excessively hard, my knees almost buckling in fear.

"Your not going anywhere, my love. We can finally be a family now." Eric growls out, his eyes glowing dangerously.

"Onyx-" I began to cry out but Eric's fist struck me in the head, making me black out. the last thing I felt was being lifted into the air, as if i was floating.
~~~~~~~~

sorry this chapter is short 💔

ill be editing later💝

Go check out Lost in the Wilderness. ♡

today is my birthday also 👀🎁😏

Edited 9/14/17