chapter 6

Serana's P.O.V

---------
(Recap of chapter 4 end)

I jumped at the sound of Leaves shuffling and twigs snapping. I could feel my heart beating in my chest. This is it. Either its a male or a beast ready to eat me.

The noises gotten louder as it got closer. It must be big whatever it is. I wait in anticipation as it continue to get closer. A large Dark figure with horns stepped out of the brush making his presence known. I look up at him. He was the most beautiful male I've ever seen..

(End of recap)

He stood there frozen mid step as he take his surroundings in. He looked me over with furrowed brows and pressed lips, obviously not expecting an Half dead woman to be waiting for him. One thing I can say is that he was breathtaking. Was he even human?

The out of nowhere, the wood sprite flew from off his head and over to me, She began checking my head injury.

His skin was a few shades darker from pure white, completely blemish free. It gave me the impression that he might have been a noble man, but seeing how he was in the wilderness, that couldn't be right. He was taller than any man that I've met, and he was strong built. I could see the imprints of his muscles from under his rough dirty tunic. His wrists and ankles were bruised, leaving ugly purple and red blotches. An escaped prisoner maybe? But his face! His face looked as is the all creator himself took the time to carve it. His shaggy ink like hair hung loose so that it can tickle his strong jawline. Two bull like horns stood tall and proud on his head. His thick unkept eyebrows hung low above his liquid gold like eyes. I could see how when he inhaled, the stubble on his lip would tremble the slightest bit, and when he exhaled through his full lips the hair on the rest of his face would do the same. He was young, maybe around twenty or a little older.

All I can do was stare at him. I felt butterflies in my stomach but also unease too. I didn't know what to make out of him. A noble man? A prisoner? A mad man? All I know was that I had a feeling things won't be the same if I go with this man.

He didn't waste any time. He strode his way over to me and came down to one knee before me. His golden eyes met mine and his right hand rested on my right shoulder. I looked up at him, skeptical.

"Emergency mating? What happened to you?" His voice held so much base that it vibrated the air around me and made the hair on my arms stand. He looked over my broken body in concern.

"Yes, it's a long story.." I was barely able to whisper the words. He looked back into my eyes.

"Do you accept me to become your mate? If you accept we can talk about what happened to you when we get back to camp."

Camp. Hearing that made my heart hurt and made my body yearn for it. Camps are a safe place with security. Something I haven't had in a long time. Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes that soon fell down my cheeks. A small hiccup left my mouth.

All I could do was nod to let him know that I accept him.

"Hey, hey, hey!" He called out in a gentle soothing voice "it's okay now, your safe and I'll fix you right up."

He leans in closed and wrapped one arm around my shoulders and the other gently under my knees. He then hauled me up and began walking the way he came from before.

I was stiff in his arms and felt awkward. I was so close to him that I could feel his heart beating in his chest. I could feel every muscle beneath this shirt and it made my stomach flip with nervousness. I've never let a male touch me willingly. It was strange to me. It wasn't so bad. To be honest I felt safe and protect for once and that made me relax into his arms. I layed my head on his shoulder and looked up at him. I guess he felt my gaze because he looked down and caught me staring. I looked away quickly, my face burning. A small rumble of laughter left his chest.