Chapter 7

Hey guys I noticed that in chapter 6 I put two different descriptions of Onyx. I fixed it and feel free to re-read it!

---

I was awakened by loud rustling sounds near me. My body felt heavy as I peeled my eyes open.

Onyx was already awake and moving. The fire was put out, the food stored away, and the miscellaneous things around the hut was stored in a large leather knapsack in the corner of the hut. He had just placed my bag with my emergency supplies next to his knapsack. His eyes met mine.

"Serana, you're awake. How did you sleep?" He asked in a gentle tone. My cheeks began to warm, I liked how my name sounded when he say it.

"I slept great!" I said. I was telling the truth too. I've never felt so energized and fully rested in a long time. For the first time, I smiled. "Thank you for caring for me, Onyx."

"Uh..no problem. You're my mate after all." When I smiled at him, his face and  pointed ears began to turn a light shade of pink. He ran his fingers through his pitch black hair sheepishly before he spoke.

"I made something that should help you.." He say before ducking down next to the back sack. A couple of seconds later he popped back up with two devices in his hands. "I made some casts for you out of sticks and mud."

He made his way over with the hand made casts with a dark cloth and some rope. He took a seat next to me and began adjusting the smaller cast to my left arm.

"So, I looked at the map that I have and found a small kingdom about a day and a half from here. We will go there and stalk up in supplies and get a fellow that I know to heal you." He informed me, his eyes still concentrated on what he was doing.

As soon as he fitted the cast to my arm and secured it with rope, he wrapped the cloth around my arm an tied it behind my neck. Doing this he created a sling. He had took more cloth and bonded my right hand which was still sprung. After doing that he began fitting the other cast to my left leg.

"I've never been to a kingdom before..what is it called?" I asked curiously. My eyes meeting his golden ones.

"Really? Well this will be a new experience for you. It's called, Oxindale."

Oxindale

Hearing that made my heart race in fear and my palms to sweat. That is where Lazarus is. If I go there he will surly capture my and kill Onyx for taking me as his mate. I couldn't go there!

He was rambling on about the trip we were going to take but I cut him off.

"I can't go there, Onyx. Is there any other option?" My voice was louder than before, my voice shaking the slightest bit. He looked down at me with those gold orbs. I knew he could how desperate I was because his unkept brows furrowed and his jaw bones flexed.

"Oxindale is the only choice we have. The closest city other than Oxindale is a six day trip. It's only a day and a half walk to Oxindale, plus, we are extremely low on supplies. I also know someone that can help us there." He stated. When he saw me frown, his eyes soften. He placed his hand on my small arms after finishing up with my leg.

"Him..that male I was telling you about, L-Lazurus." My voice cracked saying the male's name.

I looked back up at Onyx. He was quiet thinking back on everything I said to him. Then, his eyebrows raised as if he realized something. He took a deep breath before turning to me.

"Serana, I know you don't want to go there but we have to.." When he said that my face filled with horror. I could feel my eyes filling with tears. He reached down and gently wiped the tear away and brushed some of my hair off my face. " But you don't have to be afraid. I will protect you with everything I have. He will not lay a finger on you're pretty curly head. And if he does try I will end his life. Please trust me, you will always be safe with me."

I was silently looking up at him with fear in my heart. But hearing how he was going to protect me, how his eyes looks so serious, how his voice took a deep and dangerous tone. I couldn't help but feel safe.

I could feel a strange sensation in my heart. I've never felt this way before. My chest filled with warmth and when I looked at Onyx, my heart accelerates. I could feel my body warming up in the weirdest way and my face flushed under his gaze. What is this feeling? I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"Okay. I trust you."

A broad smile stretched across his face at my words. All I could do was stare back at him. He was absolutely breathtaking. Was he really my mate? That feeling in my chest gotten stronger. What is..?

"Okay let me get the bags and we can get going." He say, bringing me out of my thoughts.

He got up putting on the knapsack and my skunk bag and put out the fire. He then came over to me, helping me out the bed role and putting it on his knapsack. After doing that, he wrapped his arms around me. I nearly jump in shock as he tells me to wrap try and wrap my arms and legs around him. With a little bit of help I managed to. All of a sudden, he begins wrapping rope around our bodies securely before tying a knot. I was going to protest bet then I stopped, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Then we begin walking.

---------

It took a couple of hours before I noticed the scenery looking a little too familiar. Before I know it we were at the base of the cliff I off of.

"Onyx, what are U doing?" I asked

"Taking a short cut." Before I knew it, he began climbing the rocks effortlessly, jumping from Rock to rock if he needed to. He was so fast that we were half way up the cliff! I nearly forgot that he wasn't human so climbing and jumping up the mountain effortlessly with extra weight and a human was a simple task to him.

just don't look down, Serana..

I looked down at the ground.

I was petrified. So petrified that I blacked out as he was climbing.

Onyx P.O.V

As I was climbing up the rocks, I could my woman suddenly go limp.

I pulled myself over the edge of the cliff so that I was now standing on my feet. We made it to the top. I pulled Serana away a couple of inches to look at her, my left hand cradled her head.

Her eyelids hid her mossy eyes. Her  lips were slightly opened and her breaths were slow and steady.

She fainted.

I guess I should have told her what I was going to do. I gently pressed her head against my neck, stroking her wild curly hair.

I continued walking North until the sun began lowering to the ground. We were in the forest when I decided to set up camp.

I set the fire and rolled out the bed role for my mate. I slide her in before laying next to her.

She looked so peaceful.

I leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. My chest began to fill with a unfamiliar warmth.

What's this strange feeling? I thought before falling into a decent sleep.

****
HOW WAS IT?!

How do you feel about Serana?

Do you like Onyx?

What was your favorite part?!

I love reading all of you're comments so don't be shy!

Vote!

(edited but not perfect 9/4/17)