Chapter 3

"Mmm." I let out a small groan as I began to regain consciousness. The sun beat down on my closed eyelids, turning my vision red. I open my eyes, blinking a couple of times trying to let my eyes adjust. A small yawn escaped my mouth as I Crawled out of my shelter. I bring my drinking water to my lips and began to chug it down. That's when I realized, I was clutching something in my fist.

I sat the water down and brought my fist to the front of my face and opened it. My stomach dropped. It was my bracelet, the same one that my parents made for me!

I remembered dropping it when I was escaping the male but how did it get back to me? Did I imagine dropping it? Was I just so wrapped up in my fear that I imagined dropping it? But then I remembered. I Had a strange dream. The dream seemed so real too.

In my dream, It was dark. Even though it was dark, I was at Peace. But then, a scary yet familiar person entered my half asleep vision. He silently crept up to my camp and stared down at me with the same twisted expression on his face. He leaned down and opened my small fist and placed my bracelet in it. He looked at me a while with his lust filled eyes and brushed his fingers against my cheek before retreating.

I was not alone last night.

I should have kept running! Because of my stupid decision to stop and rest, Anything could of happened. Just thinking about My temporary safe-haven being violated by that male makes my blood rush and fill my stomach with fear. He could have done anything to me, but, for some strange reason he didn't. I couldn't help to think why. Why didn't he do anything? I was vulnerable and weak. He could have done anything to me and there could be nothing I could do about it. Why?

I threw those racing thoughts out of my head. All I know was that I wasn't safe here and that I needed to leave immediately.

I quickly put back on my bracelet and made my way to the side of my shelter and grabbed my hand made skunk skin bag that had my emergency supplies in it. I was glad that I was able to dig it back up from its hiding spot and take it with me when I escaped the male from yesterday. I opened the bag, pulled out my drinking gourd and began to refill the gourd. After doing that, I slung the bag over my shoulders, stood up and began jogging to the north side of the clearing but, I wasn't able to make it far..

There he was a few yards from me. The male from yesterday who Tried to defile my body. He stood taller then any being I've ever seen before. His Hard well built body was covered with light armor. The fine Iron Covered his shoulders, chest, hips and feet. The armor was elegant and bore designs of small flowers and birds. He still wore his animal-skin clothing underneath it. His skin was tan like tree bark and his amethyst like eyes bored into mine. His nose was skinny as were his lips that was curved into a smirk. On top of his head was a Horned headdress made of stained metal. His long dark ginger hair flowed from underneath his head dress as well as his pointed ears, it shined as it flowed in the wind. From looking at his armor and headdress, He must be a high ranked Elf In his kingdom. He was undenyingly beautiful and could wrap any woman around his finger if he wanted, But I could see the malicious look in his dark purple eyes. He should be the enemy of all women.

I stood there frozen in fear. There he was again. I had a strong feeling I wouldn't be able to escape again.

"How did you sleep last night? You looked so at peace I couldn't bear waking you." He spoke out in A mocking tone. He took a couple steps closer to me. I was still frozen by fear.

"I would like to start over. Please excuse my barbaric behavior the other day. May I have your name?" He asked the smirk was still on his face. He was still moving closer to me. Now here was a mere few feet away from me. He reached out and grabbed my small left hand and gripped it firmly. As Soon as our hands touched I snapped out of my trance. I began to try to yank my hand away and beat on his arm that held me with my opposite hand but he was strong. His smile fell and irritation filled his tan face. He suddenly gripped my hand harder, so hard That my fingers began to crack under his strength. I Shrieked as the pain began to radiate from my fingers to the rest of my hand. The pain was so bad that I had sunk down to one knee.

"Tell me your name, Human." He demanded.

"S-serana! My name is Serana!"I whimpered out trying to hold back the tears that began to fill my eyes. His face softened.

"Serana, huh? A exotic name for exotic Girl. My Name is Lazarus of Oxindale." His smirk returned to his small pink lips. "The longer I look at you the more I'm pleased at what I see, Your A little skinny but that's fine with me, I'll just fatten you up."

"W-what are you going to do to me?" I shuddered, fearing what Lazarus was going to do. His smirk widen at my question.

"Your going to come with me to my home and be my woman. And after our marriage ceremony, I will Take you and make you mine, then you will have my offspring." Before I could say anything, He yanked me up from the ground, picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Ahh! Let me down!" I screamed, banging my fists against his back. the only thing that kept me from falling as his arm firmly pressed against the back if my knees. he began to walk and kept walking despite my protests.

-----------------------------

I was Tired and I couldn't keep going any more. My throat hurt from screaming and my fist hurt from beating his back. I could feel my left hand throbbing with pain, I think It's broken. Its been a long time since he kidnapped me. Its getting close to dusk and with each ticking moment I was getting closer and closer to my new "home." as he call it.

All I could do is look down at the ground and watching his iron clad feel continuously return and leave my vision. I was actually beginning to get motion sick from all this moving was having a hard time holding it down. I try to detracts myself but watching him walk and counting his steps.

"1..2..3..4..5..6....."I tried whispering to myself but His long hair kept getting into my mouth. yuck. I just began to count in my head..

That's when it came to me...

I knew what I was going to do was going to do would hurt my already broken hand, but I had to try. If I do this the right way the first time then I'll be free. I gotta give it a try! I balled up my fist and held them above my head, I counted to three silently then swung my fist downward with all my might and hit him at the back of his knees.

He yelped in surprise as he Began to fall forward, letting go of my legs so he can throw his hands in front of him to catch his fall. As soon as I was loose and had hit the ground I scrambled up to my feet and began to sprint the opposite direction, ignoring the pain in my hand.

"Serana! When I get my hands on you, you will pay! There is nowhere to run!" He roared in fury. He was loud But not too loud, from what I hear, he sound far away. A victorious grin lit up my face as I continue to sprint through the dense forest. I continue to run forward but soon I was at a dead end.

I halted to a stop and looked down. I had no Idea I was on a mountain! It was a tall one but if I jump right now, I would be able to survive the fall and escape Lazarus. My heart was humming in my chest and my adrenaline began flowing through my veins. My hands began to get shaky and sweat was dripping down my body. I was hesitant to jump. I looked behind me and saw the extremely angry Elf sprinting towards me.

"There is nowhere to go. Give up!" He Bellowed. He was too close.

Without a second thought I faced the cliff and jumped. I flew through the air for a while before landing on my left arm half way down, breaking it. I could hear my own screams along with Lazarus's howl as I began rolling down the mountains side. Before I knew it My head struck a huge rock. All I could hear as my vision faded was a wolfs howl In a distance.

(Edited but not perfect 9/3/17)