chapter 4

Pain.

Pain radiated through out the whole left side of my body. I was cold but also felt warm liquid on me. I slowly began lifting my head but immediately regretted it. My head was pounding and even know my eyes were closed, it felt like the world was spinning. I opened my eyes, looking around.

I was at the base of the mountain, Sprawled out against the rocks. I could see a dark liquid spattered on them. What was that? I looked down at my own body and found out where the liquid had came from. My right thigh had a gash on it and I could also feel my warm blood dripping down the side of my head. I couldn't move my left arm and leg and every time I tried The excruciating pain began, and I think that my right wrist was sprung. My body felt heavy as if I've been laying in this spot for a very long time.

The forest all around the base of the mountain was filled with fog so heavy I could only see a couple of trees at a time. I could also smell the strong scent of rain. No wonder why the Elf names Lazarus haven't found me. Since fog is made up of water droplets and plus the forest has just been rained upon, my scent has been washed away from the air. I let out a sigh of relief. Even thought I'm safe at the moment don't mean i'll be safe forever, I better get moving.

I manage to hoist my body up so that my body weight was on my right elbow. Ignoring the pain, I rolled myself up to a sitting position and then pushed myself up so that I was on my feet, shifting most of my body weight onto my right leg. I took in a big breath before huffing it out. I was in so much pain but I had to get moving. I needed help but had none. I knew one day I would be put in a situation where I would have to use my Horn of Gathering.

The Horn of Gathering Is a instrument You sound when you are Ready to find a mate. People who are rouge nomads, Like myself, use this to find a partner. The sound of the Horn of Gathering can be heard Up to a seven mile radius and will alarm single persons within ear shot that someone is ready to find a spouse. And, the pitch which you hear can attracted Different genders. If you are a male you use a horn with a higher pitch to find a female, but if your a female you use a lower pitched horn. My Horn of Gathering is in my bag. In all my two decades of being alive, never intended to use it so soon but, right now, I had no other choice. Its either Not use the horn and wait for some predator to take advantage of my weak state and die or To take a risk of the elf finding me but be found and be token out of harms way even though it would mean mating. I frown knowing what I had to do.

I began hobbling my way to the nearest tree and when I finally did I leaned heavily against it, Trying not to scream in pain from my injuries. I looked up at the sky, letting out a deep breath not really sure if I could do this. But then something entered my view.

It was a extremely small humanoid with wings. She was a mere few inches away from my face staring down at me with pity in her eyes. From what I could tell, she must be a wood sprite. Her skin was caramel colored and her short black coil like hair flew wildly in the wind. She wore a dress that hung down to her feet and the texture resembled ancient wood. Her wings that beat at the air looked like refined bark. This tree I was meaning on must have been the wood sprite's home and she must have came out to see what all the commotions was about.

"I am sorry for intruding. I'm injured and need help. can you help me?" I asked her in a weak shaky voice. Wood sprites weren't known for kindness but by the look in her eyes she seemed to be considering it. After looking me up and down a couple of times, she looked at me with a gentle smile and nodded. In a instant she was gone. I was surprised that A wood sprite was willing to help a weak human out. But I was still thankful that she is helping me. The least I could do was to get off her home. I better to look for a resting place.

I began moving forward, Hobbling from tree to tree until I stumbled onto a nearby stream. I gently lowered myself down until I was sitting beside the stream. With my right hand I scooped some water up and poured it on my wound on my head, making my hair wet. I took another scoop of water and poured it on the gash on my thigh. I pulled off my bag and pulled out my gourd and bring it to my lips downing the contents. When I was finished doing that, I put it back and pulled out a clean cloth and tie it around my thigh to keep it wrapped up and to prevent wound from getting infected. I pulled out another cloth and did the same thing to the wound on my head.

After I have taken care of my wounds. I sigh in reluctance. I really didn't want to do this but if I want to survive I have to. I reached back in my bag and pulled out the horn. I slowly bring it to my lips and blew. The Noise was extremely loud but the pitch was low enough to make the air vibrate around me. I place the horn back into my bag knowing it would be a matter of time before a male would come by.

------

I waited for hours. The sun was beginning to lower to the horizon. The wood fairy haven't returned and I was starting to get anxious, knowing if someone don't come I would be dead soon. I began biting my lip In fear.

Russl Russl!

I jumped at the sound of Leaves shuffling and twigs snapping. I could feel my heart beating in my chest. This is it. Either its a male or a beast ready to eat me.

The noises gotten louder as it got closer. It must be big whatever it is. I wait in anticipation as it continue to get closer. A large Dark figure with horns stepped out of the brush making his presence known. I look up at him. He was the most beautiful male I've ever seen..

(Edited but not perfect 9/3/17)