Final Chapter (redone)

A/N: Hey guys, I decided to redo the final chapter because I hated it and also I feel like how they are reacting to the baby is not realistic. So I'm redoing it.

*

SERANNA P.O.V

It's been a month since we escaped Aervia and only a few hours away from Hailstein.

I was relieved that I, Onyx, and Kyoto would finally be at a place to call home. I was also anxious about arriving to Hailstein because of the pregnancy. Onyx told me that when we get to our new home we would most likely get married immediately so that the baby wouldn't be born out of wedlock. And after that onyx and I would be named King and Queen.

It was hard for me to accept the pregnancy for a long while. When I finally awoken, and my mate and Kyoto informed me what happened after Eric knocked me out. I was shocked, I was angry, I felt betrayed. I wanted to go back to Aervia to find our old group and have Elise make the potion to prevent me from getting pregnant. And we did. But because of what happened at Rashbane's house, they increased security. The place was crawling with so many soldiers, that we couldn't get back into the city. We also made a attempt to look for them outside the city walls, just in case they also made a run for it, while also being stealthy as possible to stay hidden, but they were nowhere to be found. I cried for hours, knowing I would be forced to carry the baby of my offender.

I was angry at myself for trusting Eric. He was always odd. From the time when He told Onyx that he wanted me way back at Dr. Melvins house, and then when we were at Iverstead and cried out my name while having intercourse with Ysabelle, and finally when he started sneaking around with Rashbane in Aervia. I should have been more careful. I had ignored all the red flags..

The moment I woke up from the horrible event, both my saviors had been extremely gentle with me. Even when I started showing signs of pregnancy after about a week. Onyx was my rock though all this. We had many long conversations about what happened at the god forsaken house, and about our feeling about what would happen now. When I talk about Eric, I shudder and sob. When onyx talks about him, he feels rage, nearly turning full demonic at times. He told me he would always love me and would still be there for the child if I decided to keep it. And that made me feel better instantly. I knew that if I didn't want the baby, it would be killed after birth. Even thought the baby was created from a unfortunate event, the child was innocent. So after a long while of thinking I told Onyx about my decision and he accepted it.

Just thinking of this made me unconsciously press my palm on my small protruding belly. It's already been a month, just three more until the baby is born. All babies that are of vampire blood grow faster in the womb. I just hope when it's born, I'd still accept the small thing.

"Are you doing ok up there?" Kyoto's voice interrupt my thoughts. I looked down to my right at him, meeting his eyes that was filled this concern. His hand on the horse I was riding. I could see from the front that Onyx had stopped walking, pulling on the horses reigns making it stop. The map he was once looking at was in his opposite hand now to his side. His golden eyes also laced with worry meeting mine.

"I'm fine, just ready for all of this to be over" I say, pushing a small smile on my face, to let them know I was ok. Both of them relax under my gaze.

"Well good news, we are almost there. If you look over this way you can see Hailstein!" Onyx beams over at me. He points a finger in front of him and I see what he means. This whole time I was so lost in thought I wasn't even paying attention to the ride. We were on a mountain and just below you can see the largest kingdom I've ever seen! The castle was the largest structure, right in the middle of the city. I could feel anxiety settling in my stomach but also relief that this long journey was coming to a end.

"Finally, it's almost over.." my voice was bearly a whisper, but the both still heard me." What are we going to do about not having The Headdress of Gathering?"

"Don't worry we can have a new one made before the wedding." Onyx answers. "We just need to make it down this mountain and we all will be finally where we belong."

Home.

I haven't had a proper home since my parents.

I couldn't wait.

"Well let's get going, we could all use a good bath and food, it's been ages." Kyoto say.

Onyx let out a small laugh and began leading us down the path of the mountain, leading us to Hailstein.

Fin