Remember Me

Hal awoke slowly, his head aching dully.

Why was his head aching?

He remembered being hit by a beam from that crazy villain Amnesiac, and then nothing. Had he been injured? Was that why he was apparently in the Med Bay?

And then it hit him like a ton of bricks.

All his memories from the past few weeks of being in severe amnesia

He'd been so terrible to his girl, his baby girl, why the hell had he treated her like that? He had to find her, he had to see her now or he feared his heart would burst with guilt. Was she okay? Was she safe? What did she think of him?

" What have I done?" He choked out.

Standing up, swaying slightly as he did so, he raced towards the door, pulling it open with a wide swing. He activated his ring, flying at breakneck speeds through the hallways. Well, he was until he crashed in to Superman. 

With a grunt he landed hard on his shoulder, letting out a hiss of pain.

" Geez Clark, you're like a brick wall!" Hal grumbled as he sat up.

" Hal?" Came the timid reply, hope laced in to the words.

" Yeah, that's my name," Hal grunted as he stood up, cracking his knuckles loudly.

" Kee is going to be so glad," Clark whispered, before giving Hal a shove in the direction of the zeta beam. " Just go!" He ground out loudly.

Hal nodded, and zoomed through the Zeta beam, beaming straight to Young Justice's base, almost vibrating with tense anticipation of finally seeing his girl again. The second he found himself in the mountain he went in search of his baby girl.

Kee hadn't left Kaldur's side in days, claiming that she was observing his Atlantian ways of living. Of course it wasn't because she was getting attached to him. And today he was helping her learn to use her control over water.She was obsorbing his lesson easily, eyes shining with delight when she mastered another trick.

" You are progressing well, Keelan," Kaldur commented, a smile clear on his calm face.

Kee grinned a toothy grin back as she held her water spear tight in her small hands. It shattered a moment later, drenching her in water, and making her hair form a wet curtain  around her face. Spitting out water, and pulling her hair away from her face, she gazed with a pout at a laughing Kaldur.

' It is not funny ' Kee signed, sending him a glare.

" I-I am s-sorry, I just h-have not seen anyone d-d-do that in a long time," Kaldur chuckled, making Kee pout even more.

She suddenly had an idea, and with a devious smirk, she threw ball of water at Kaldur, nailing him in the face, and sending him splashing in to the pool, clothes and all.

When a startled Kaldur resurfaced, it was to a laughing girl, whose laughs were louder than his own had been. 

Those laughs stopped when he pulled her in to the pool.

She rose to the surface, coughing and spluttering the water she'd taken in. When they locked eyes, the two of them cracked up laughing all over again. With that, Kaldur helped Kee back out of the pool, and started to help her take off the protective plastic covering that had been over her prosthetic in case of water spillages. 

' Thank you for helping me today ' Kee thanked timidly.

" You are quite welcome, Kee," Kaldur replied, helping to her feet with a strong hand.

She smiled shyly back at him and started trying to dry out her batman hoodie. 

The sound of the Zeta beam coming to life made both of them perk up, listening to find out who was coming. 

The name it called out made Kee's heart skip a beat. Rationally she knew it could be John or Guy, but her heart was screaming at her to run for that beam. And so she did.

She flew out of the room, knowing it would be quicker, and as she rounded up a corner, slammed straight in to a green glowing flyer from the other direction.  She groaned slightly when she picked herself up, and raised her eyes to meet those of the one she'd hit. However she didn't get the time to see his face before all she could see was the symbol of his chest pressed to her, and had warm arms encircling her.

" Oh my baby girl, I do care if you leave, I love you," A choked, incredibly familiar voice sobbed in to her hair.

And for the first time in weeks, she let her tears fall.