Power Outage

Kee had no idea why the lights had shut off. 

She, Robin, and Kid Flash had been hanging out in the training room, teaching other moves. Well, the boys were mainly teaching her, but she found she held her own pretty easily. KF, as she learnt he was often referred to as, was helping Robin demonstrate judo flipping, which Kee was eager watching. Halfway through the flipping maneuver the training room went dark.

Kee blinked in the darkness, trying to see but failing miserably, all she could see wad darkness surrounding her, her eyes hurting from the sudden loss of the artificial lights of the watchtower she'd grown accustomed to.

" Robin? Kee? You guys okay?" Kid Flash called out, a hint of worry in his tone.

Kee stiffened and emitted a silent shriek when a hand was laid on her shoulder. She went rigid and tense, grabbing the hand and twisting the arm attached to it roughly.

" Hey! That you, Kee?" A familiar voice asked in a surprised tone.

She slowly let go, knowing the silence would let Kid Flash know that it was definitely her. With the silence she realized something else, with the light she wouldn't be able to communicate! They wouldn't be able to see any of her sign language.

Kd Flash moved next to her and she could hear him shuffling nervously, and yet still couldn't see him at all.

" Okay, Kee, I really need you to try and use your powers for me, then you can get us some light and help me locate Robin," Kid Flash murmured next to her, pleading with her to try.

With a deep breath she tried, feeding off her emotions to allow her powers better ability to work.   And they did, as fire burst in to existence in her hands, not hurting her at all, but scarring the life out of KF.

When both calmed dow she was surprised to see her fire was maintaining a steady burn.

" Well, that worked better than expected," She said with a smirk, making Kid Flash smile.

" Good to hear you again. Now, where is Robin? Cause he isn't in this room," Wally inquired, as his gaze swept the vicinity.

Kee had no answer to that, all she could do was stay and maintain the fire, for without it she'd no have no communication and no light. Besides, they had to find the other leaguers.

" We should find Green Lantern and the Flash. Knowing Robin he's already off by himself fixing the problem," Kee decided, smirking slightly.

Wally snorted with laughter but followed her anyway as she crept silently across the training room and out in to the hallway. Dim red emergency lights pulsed faintly on the walls, meaning that she could extinguish the fire she'd been trying so hard to maintain burning. The hallways were vacant, not a single hero could be seen or heard anywhere near them.

" This is creepy," Kee whispered, her speaking ability not yet taken away.

KF nodded in agreement as the two of them crept further along, looking cautiously around the corners in case this was all a cause of enemy invasion. They saw no one though, and so continued on their way. A sudden sound made both of them freeze as they see about to check around a corner. 

The sound of metal boots clinking an clanking on the hallway floor. 

" Kee Jordan, Kid Flash, do you know what has occurred?" An automated voice asked.

Both peered around the corner to spy Red Tornado looking at them from a few meters away, having sensed their presence, after all, he had no trouble seeing in the dark.

" No, we've no clue what's happened. We were hoping one of you guys would know. Can't you scan for problems?" Kid Flash inquired hopefully.

" No. My scanners have been powered down for repair," Red Tornado stated bluntly, which was about the only emotion he ever really portrayed.

" Well then I guess we better get going to the control room then, see if we can find what's wrong," Kee muttered, string out towards the direction of the control room, followed by the two boys.

Nothing seemed to be wrong, and every time they cautiously checked the corners, and flitted awn from security cameras just in case someone was monitoring them, no one else appeared. It was strange to say the least. 

Finding their way to the control room, the three heroes stared at the carnage. It was completely destroyed with screens and cords ripped apart and sizzling. The chairs for the monitors were ripped up and thrown around the room in a sign of struggle, and only one screen remained in tact, repeating the same footage over and over in an endless ten second spiel. 

The footage was what chilled Kee to the core, those ten seconds showed her father, Uncle Barry, and Uncle Batman being dragged unconscious through the hallways, while a green haired, physchotic clown-like man grinned at the camera, a pretty woman in a jester outfit grinning over his shoulder.

" Joke's on you," The Joker cackled, over and over again.