Forget it all

Kee Jordan, for her entire life, had no idea that she could be a superhero. But in the lat five minutes she had not only discovered that her newfound abilities, when in use, allowed her to speak, but also allowed her to take on the terrifying Vandal Savage. She almost believed it was a dream.

However, the intense burning pain in her shoulder told her otherwise. The spear currently pinning her to the kitchen counter was a very ugly reminder that this was certainly real. But there was one good point, watching Uncle Clark pummel Vandal Savage through the wall. As their fight disappeared outside, her tired eyes were suddenly filled with the face of Lois Lane as the woman knelt in front of her.

" Hey there kid, I think we better get out of here," Lois said with forced confidence, her eyes hinting her worry.

" Good idea, however I'm a bit stuck here," Kee hissed through clenched teeth, not ready to let go of her newfound speech yet.

Lois noticed how the spear was impaled also in to the counter and winced in sympathy. 

" Well we can't stay here, hold still and I'll get that thing out of the counter, don't think I should take it out of you yet though, kiddo," Lois murmured, taking a hold of the protruding weapon.

Kee nodded tersely but her her eyes filled with tear as Lois pulled the spear out of the counter, jostling her painful and intensifying the pain she was already in. She out a muffled sob, tears escaping her close eyes.

" I know it hurts, but we've gotta get out of here in case their fight goes back inside," Lois gently stated, helping Kee to her feet and steadying her.

" My room is safer, we can go out the window if needed," Kee decided, her teeth still tightly clenched.

Lois allowed her to lead the way as she stumbled clumsily in to her room, letting Lois lock the door behind her, as if that would do anything in the event of an intrusion. Kee practically collapsed on to the bed still crying quietly to herself as the bloodied end of the spear dripping on her bed, reminding her painfully of their predicament. 

She spotted her mother's necklace and reached for it, hoping its comfort would help her, but the pain meant she couldn't put it on just yet, so she rubbed it between her fingers as Lois sat beside her.

" It'll be okay, Clark will save us and your dad will hunt Vandal down and make sure, immortal or not, he never returns here," Lois assured quietly.

" Maybe you'll write a piece for it in the paper," Kee mumbled, trying to keep her mind off of everything, including the fact that her father was the Green Lantern she so loved.

Lois chuckled dryly, ruffling See's hair.

" I'll make sure to mention you, however, you need a codename," Lois reminded her, a smile on her pretty face.

Kee panted slightly from the pain but flashed a weak smile at the woman.

" Call me, Elementum, from what I can see the elements obey me," Kee murmured softly.

Lois nodded, ruffling her hair again as they waited. " You got it kiddo ".

A very tired Clark dragged himself in to Kee's room half an hour later, clothes and hair rumpled badly. At Lois's questioning gaze he nodded tiredly.

" Vandal left, I don't know where he went but I'm sure he will strike for them again once he's regained his strength," Superman sighed.

His gaze travelled to little Kee, who was being held carefully on Lois's lap, mindful of the sharp spear and protruding from the back of her shoulder and its shaft showing through the front. Lois carefully handed her to Superman and he held her carefully as Kee blinked up at him tiredly.