Showdown

Kee liked Lois now, but she was still confused. 

She now knew why she didn't like Vandal Savage, he was a villain who battled the Justice League apparently. But the child of the Green Lantern? Lois was the daughter of the Green Lantern! 

She hadn't expected this of the woman and felt safe knowing that she was in capable hands. She wouldn't expect a daughter of the great lantern to be scared though. Weren't they meant to be without fear?

She tugged on Lois's arm and forgetting the woman couldn't understand her she voiced her question.

' Your dad is Green Lantern? Are you going to use powers to get us out of here?' Kee asked innocently.

Vandal Savage roared with dark laughter before controlling himself.

" Oh child, you did not know?! This just makes killing you even sweeter," Vandal laughed.

Kee really wished she had her mother's necklace now, she felt afraid, very afraid of this man and he was lying to her. Hal Jordan was not the Green Lantern. But what if he is? It would make sense since his friends are superheroes and he is already a fit a strong man! Is it such a stretch to imagine him in a suit and equipped with a power ring? Kee thought to herself.

She doubted she could believe it though.

Vandal controlled himself and he took a threatening step, making Lois step back worriedly and pull Kee with her. He brandished a long staff with a sickly sharp top, almost like a high tech spear. Cracking his neck he crouched in a stance, ready to attack.

Kee squeezed her eyes shut, terror filling her as she remembered the assassin many years ago pulling the same stance with his knife. 

A loud crash of thunder was heard and Kee's eyes snapped open as she smelt a smell that reminded her of ozone. She was just in time to see her hands glow slightly and point them away from her when a stream of lightning shot out of them and straight at the very unfortunate Vandal.

The villain gave a small grunt of surprise before falling to the ground and clutching at the chest where he'd been hit. Lois stood frozen beside her and she let out a strange sound. Kee stared at her hands in terror, what had she done?! She had just generated a storm inside, minus the rain! She'd attacked a villain, oh gosh, she had powers! Hal was never going to believe this! 

Lois patted hers shoulder slowly.

" I don't know what the heck just happened. But if you could keep that up till Superman comes it'd do us both a word of good," Lois whispered in a surprised voice.

Kee nodded slowly and watched Vandal get up off the ground slowly, a smoking hole burnt through his clothes. With a small grimace he face them again, anger sparking in his eyes as he glared at her.

" I am immortal, child, you can not hope to defeat me," He taunted.

Kee made a particular gesture with her middle finger that even Lois could understand, as a reply.

Vandal charged and acting on impulse she pushed Lois out of the way before taking Vandal head on. Acting on instinct she formed her hands in to fists as he charged her. The wooden floorboards under his feet started moving, halting his charge and making him take an unceremonious trip to the floor. The floorboards seemed alive and they kept shifting every time he tried to regain his feet.

She snickered with laughter at this, even though she had no clue how she was doing it, and was shock dot find herself laughing properly. Come to think about it, the air coming in to her throat and lungs felt very different.

" Woah," Kee stated to herself, before clamping a hand over her mouth in surprise.

SHE COULD SPEAK?! Could this day get any stranger?! If this was a side effect of her strange new powers then she was a huge fan of having them.

Her momentary distraction meant that she wasn't looking when, frustrated by his inability to regain his footing, Vandal threw his staff instead. Only a cry from Lois saved her life.

Moving quickly she hissed in surprise when the staff, instead of impaling her chest, impaled her shoulder instead, earning a cry of pain. that shattered all concentrations he once had.

The floor stopped moving under him and the villain stood with an evil smile.

" You are an annoyance child, you must be terminated immediately," Vandal snarled.

Kee's eyes widened fearfully as she tried to pull the staff impaled in her shoulder out of the kitchen counter which it had also speared through, effectively pinning her still. Pain flared up even more than it already was and she felt like her whole shoulder was burning. 

" I think not, Vandal," A calm voice stated from behind her.

Appearing in the room from behind her, his red cape flying majestically in the air and his blue eyes hardening at the sight of the two terrified women he loved, was uncle Superman.