Nightmare Havoc

Kee had been asleep for an hour when the nightmare started.

After her father had caught her in the hangar and forced her to lie down she'd tried to sleep. Now thats he finally was, she sincerely regretted not refusing her dad more. 

She dreamt of Vandal Savage, but this time he wasn't the only one there, no, so was the Joker.

She was back in her house, Lois lying motionless beside her. The woman had jumped in front of Kee to save her from the Joker's thrown knife and now had it embedded in her forehead. Uncle Clark, in an absolute rage, had attacked but now he too lay beside Lois, a Kryptonite bullet supplied by Vandal had finally taken him down. 

Kee stood beside the bodies staring at them with wide, horrified eyes, but at the same time seeing nothing really. All she could feel was a strange numbness, as if she could do nothing. They'd died to save her and she couldn't even say sorry to them, not that it would do much good. Their blood was literally on her hands, and her feet inside her shoes, just about everywhere actually.

But that wasn't what had her the most terrified, no, what freaked her out the most was that her father's body was on the top of the pile. He had tried to protect her, and Vandal had used some kind of yellow ray to deplete his Green Lantern powers, before letting the Joker have all the fun he wanted with the weakened man and his new crowbar. 

And all that time Kee was impaled to the counter, unable to do anything to help.

" I'm ashamed Kee, all those powers and you couldn't even save me, what good are you as a daughter?!" Her father had croaked before falling still and dying.

Now all she could do was be numb, and all the while stare and listen to the Joker's insane cackling as he cleaned off his crowbar. Her dad was right, she couldn't save him, all her powers and she did absolutely nothing.

" Ready for round two, Little one?" Vandal sneered menacingly.

Hal sat beside his daughter's bed, stroking her hair affectionately as she slept so peacefully. His girl was amazing, she'd helped take down the Joker and Harley, and rescued the Justice League! She was incredible! He'd been so scared for her, so terrified that it pained him physically and mentally, letting her go against someone so psychotic was not a good idea, but then again he had been imprisoned while this was happening.

Leaning back in his chair beside the bed, he started to read a book he was currently halfway through, an autobiography of a world war two air force pilot. 

Half an hour later he heard the most strange keening sounds. He pt the book down hurriedly and saw his baby girl tossing and turning in the bed, emitting strange sounds hat he realized was her way of sobbing. Tears spilt from her closed eyes and her thrashing slowed for a moment, before it yet again intensified.

" Kee, honey! Wake up!" Hal cried desperately as he shook her roughly.

She didn't respond, and finally after another shoving round her light brown eyes flew open wildly.

She stared up at him hovering over her for a moment before lunging up and enveloping him in a tight hug, sending him off balance and causing himself to sit down on the bed beside her.

" Woah Kee, were you having a nightmare?" Hal steadied, holding her close as she sobbed uncontrollably. 

Judging by her continued sobbing he guessed she had.

" Its okay, I'm here. Daddy's here," Hal whispered as he rested his chin on the top of her head, rocking her comfortingly.