New Friends

The day that Kee met her soon to be best friends in the world, was not going to plan. She had gone to the training room, bent on trying out her powers and seeng whether he could get them to actually work on command. So far, she had nothing.

She focussed on the target twenty five meters away, er hands held out in front of her, eyes clenched shut as she willed herself to blast fire, water, earth, air, anything! at the target. And yet nothing happened, her powers stayed dormant and her optimism wained. No one was really around at four in the afternoon, since they were all getting off civilian work around five. That included her father.

She was once again trying, this time glaring full force at the target as if she could vaporize it with her glare, frustration evident in all her features. Then a hand had tapped her on the shoulder from behind. Spinning around in surprise, she'd been even more startled when water had rushed from her hands in response to the shock, forming around the person who'd startled her.

With a small yelp the person zoomed away from the water with speed like that of the Flash. 

The water disappeared and she stared with wide, completely embarrassed and nervous eyes at the two teens now in front of her. 

One had black hair and a domino mask, his suit looking very familiar. Robin! She'd hard about him! 

The other she hadn't recognized but the speed and what Barry had been telling her she realized that this must be Wally! Kid flash.

' Sorry ' she signed instantly, a weird squeak from her throat emerging.

Kid Flash blinked in incomprehension, but Robin smirked back at her, a eery grin making its way on to his face.

" That's okay, KF just couldn't help scaring you. She said sorry, by the way, KF," Robin murmured, seeking to Kid Flash at the end.

" Oh! That's okay. It was my fault anyway. But hey, you wouldn't happen to be an Atlantian, what with those awesome water powers, would you?" Kid Flash asked curiously, practically vibrating on the spot.

Kee stared at him in confusion. Wasn't Aquaman an Atlantian? She didn't have gills, as far as she knew....

' I am not an Atlantian! I have the powers of the elements,' Kee explained, blinking confusedly.

" She has the powers of the elements, not an Atlantian," Robin explained.

" Oh! You're a bit young to be in the Justice League, aren't you?" Kid Flash asked curiously.

Kee let out her strange laugh, holding her sides as the laughing continued, after a moment she wiped her eyes slightly.

' I am not in the Justice League. I am only ten, not old enough. Anyway, my dad is Green Lantern, Hal,' She explained with a grin.

Robin laughed, a grin on his pixie face. He rolled on to the floor with laughter, startling Kid Flash who had no clue hat in the world she'd said.

" SHe's ten, KF, and get this! Her dad is Hal!" Robin snickered.

Kid Flash's face became astonished and he then burst out laughing as well, startling Kee with its loud sound.

' What is the problem with my dad? Everyone is seeming to find it funny that I am his daughter,' Kee signed, an annoyed look on her face.

" Nothing's wrong with your dad, it's just funny that goofy, playboy Hal is a daddy now," Robin chuckled, his laughs dying down.

Kee rolled her eyes and skipped closer to them, blinking up at the older boys hopefully.

' Will you hang out with me? Your mentors are fun, so you guys must be too!' Kee signed with a hopeful gleam in her eyes.

Robin smirked, ruffling her hair slightly as he drew an arm around her protectively.

" Anyone who thinks bats is fun, can hang out with us anytime," Robin chuckled.

That was the beginning of a long, long friendship.