nine || no secret anymore.

« « n i n e » »

"You took a condom?" I ask my sister, eyes wide, "From our aunt's bag?"

She gave an innocent look, "Uh, oops? But, aunt Kate caught me. But, what about you? Are you okay after what happened last night?" She said referring to the 'mountain lion' attack.

I nod, "Uh, yeah. I'm fine." I say, dryly. I still haven't completely recovered from the other night's events. I-- I just can't seem to forget it's eyes. They were so red and piercing.

Allison looks at me, unconvinced. As she opens her mouth to speak, a knock on the door sounds. We both turn to our aunt, who is sending Al an apologetic smile. I can tell she feels bad. She was never really an aunt to us, but more like a big sister. When Sheriff Stilinski dropped me off at my house last night after the attack, Kate pretty much flipped-- as did my mom and dad.

They know it wasn't a mountain lion attack.

"Hey, listen, you know I feel totally horrible about my behaviour the other night, right?" Kate says to my twin.

Allison shakes her head and smiles, "Oh, totally forgotten."

"You've always been the forgiving twin," I mutter, causing them both to grin.

"No, not forgotten by me. Come on. Call me a 'horrid bitch' or something." Our aunt tells her. I giggle at her words.

"You were just being--," she pauses, "Over protective."

"Allison, you do not pass up the opportunity to call your aunt a horrid bitch." I look at her, before looking at our aunt, "You are a horrid bitch, auntie." I say and smirk.

Aunt Kate laughs and pats my head, "You are my favourite." She says to me, before turning back to Al, "I was being an over protective horrid bitch-- who is giving both of her beautiful nieces their birthday presents early," She hands a both a necklace, "Do you like it?"

Allison and I both examine the pendant. The outside of the pendant have a vine like pattern, all of it is silver. In the center of the pendant, an animal stands. One foot out while the rest stay flat. I graze my thumb over the pattern. The animal is a wolf. Which means one thing and one thing only.

The secret our family has kept from us for so long isn't going to be a secret much longer.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Sorry the chapters lately are so short, I dont hav  much time to write them right now. But, im going to start to make them longer soon when i can! Thank you for reading!!