one || we're not sisters.

« « o n e » »

'Welcome to Beacon Hills', The sign read.

"Al, wake-up." I nudged my sister softly with my shoulder. "Get up, we're here."

Her eyes fluttered open slowly before she stretched her lean figure, "How long was I out?" She asked me before yawning.

"The whole ride." I replied dragging the word 'whole' out.

The ride from San Francisco to Beacon Hills wasn't very long, maybe about two or three hours. Sleep came easy for my twin, yes twin. Allison and I looked similar. Same hair, same skin, same eyes, the only thing that varied between us was our height. While Allison stood at about five foot and eight inches, I was a whopping five foot three. Somehow, the tall gene had skipped me, hooray. Please note the sarcasm.

I looked out of the car window and was met with the sight of houses. Rows and rows of homes, on both sides of the roads. Some were big, while some were small. Most houses were a plain white color, but there were a couple of blue and yellow ones that stood out. It looked like a cute little neighborhood and hopefully one we would actually stay in.

I felt the car shift before turning slowly into a driveway. I heard the tires crunch against the gravel. In front of the car stood a white house that stood at about two stories. Our dad turned around to face us.

"We're here girls." He smiled wide at the both of us. "Go ahead and unpack your things from the u-haul and head up to your rooms."

Allison and I both looked at each other excitedly before replying, "Okay." Together. Twin Telepathy, I like to call it.

Our dad laughed, "Sixteen years and I'm still not used to that."

ð

After my room was set up, I decided to join Allison in hers. Although we were twins, we hated sharing a room with another. Thankfully, our parents found a house where we could both have our own room and bathroom. Thank god for that.

I plopped myself down on Allison's newly put together bed. Boxes still covered the floor and they probably would for about a month, Allison always said 'she was taking her time', but in reality, she's just lazy. Allison was looking over her room.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked her. She sat down softly on the mattress.

"Just thinking about what's going happen tomorrow." She said nervously.

Everytime we moved, both Allison and I would get nervous about moving schools. What if no one liked us? What if people made up rumors? A million what ifs ran through my head, but I didn't voice them to Allison, I didn't want to wrack her nerves more than they already were, "I'm sure everything will be fine."

She looked at me, "But--but, what if it's not?" Allison was a tough girl, but every now and then her walls would break down.

"It will be," I promised her, "We'll always have each other. Remember, were not sisters--."

"We're twins." She finished for me smiling, "And we'll always have each other."

"Always, Al." I told her, "Love you."

"I love you too, Mad." She threw a pillow at my face, "Now get out, I'm tired."

Telling Allison good night, I retreated back to my room and read The Fault In Our Stars before slowly drifting off to sleep and wondered if I would ever be anyone's "okay."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N:

So, here's the first chapter. The next chapter will be the first day at school and will be uploaded tonight. Thank you for reading and for any votes (:. Oh, and Lily Collins plays Madelyn. For Madelyn's outfits, follow my polyvore, @havenmckalaa. Oh and btw, if you dont know what the fault in our stars is, it is probably the best book written and you should read it, and you probably won't understand the refrence. In the book, the boy and girl say okay as a sorta thing to represent their love. Thank you for reading (:

(: