four || apologies, apologies.

« « f o u r » »

On Monday, Allison decided to drive us to school. I didn't question why, but usually when she drives, it meant she was upset about something. It 'clears her mind' apparently. I guess we all have our own ways of coping with things and that was hers.

"Al," I said finally taking my eyes off the road and onto her, "Just talk to me."

Allison smiled weakly, "What? I'm fine." And smiled again. A fake smile that I could see right through.

I scoffed at that. This happens everytime. Something would happen and she would get sad. Then, she would shut everyone out and pretend she was okay, "Allison, I know you, and I know you're not okay. What's wrong?"

She sighed, "It's just- what if he didn't like me?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed loudly, "Are you serious? Scott has stared at you the whole time we've been here. The whole time. Just please, give him another go?"

She smiled, a real one this time, "Okay."

ð

When school ended, Allison and I decided it would be best if we head home so we could begin to get ready for the game tonight. My sister was so excited about seeing Scott play... and so was my dad. Yeah, Al isn't so excited about our dad coming and frankly, neither am I. I love my dad and everything, but sometimes he's a bit... over protective.

Since the weather was going to be a bit chilly tonight, I decided on a peplum shirt with a brown leather jacket and a pair of skinny jeans. But, I was most excited for shoes. The shoes I had picked out made me a lot taller. Two inches taller exactly. I would like to thank Jeffery Campbell for this.

I decided to change my hair a bit, so instead of the usual waves I usually have, I straightened it. It fell pin straight almost reaching to my lower back. I tucked my bangs and little hairs back into a beanie.

"Sis, you re- whoa." Allison stood at my door, eyes wide. "You look hot." She told me with a smug smile plastered on her face.

"Thanks," I said, "It's not to much?"

She shook her head, "Not at all. He'll love it!"

I quirked a brow, "What do you mean 'he'll'?"

"It's obvious this is for Stiles." She leaned on my door frame.

I rolled my eyes, "Actually, it's not." I was telling the truth. I just felt like dolling myself up a bit more than usual, but if Stiles did happen to notice me, that'd be a plus, too.

She snorted, "Sure it's not."

"It's not." I told her sternly.

She held her hands up in defense, "Calm down, sasafrass." Eye roll, "Now, c'mon, I got a hot boy waiting for me."

I laughed.

ð

Lacrosse really isn't an exciting sport. Well, at least it isn't to me. The crowd that covered the bleachers seemed to disagree with me. They loved it. I just don't see the point. Throwing a ball back and forth into nets while everyone tries to tackle you. That is not for me.

I was sitting in between my sister and dad with my elbows resting on my knees and my head settled on my hands. I could only imagine how my face looked, probably very disinterested and I was. I had snuck a couple of glances at Stiles, who was sitting on the bleachers. He was sort of on edge tonight, I could tell by the way his foot was tapping. I was on edge too because I still can't decipher my feelings for Stiles.

I know I like him, but I'm not sure what kind of like it is. Maybe it's just a friend like. All I know is I have no clue how to feel about it. I decide to turn my attention back on the game. Scott wasn't doing so well tonight. I think he's nervous about my sister and father watching him, but then again it could be something else.

"Hey guys," Allison and my dad turned to face me, "I'm going to go say hey to Stiles."

I stood up slowly and descended down the bleachers. Even though I love these shoes, I tripped in them a lot. I don't really have much balance. Finally, hopping off the bleachers, I ran behind Stiles and covered his eyes with my hands.

"Uh, hello?" He said not even attempting to remove my hands.

"Guess who?"

He laughed and removed my hands. He turned around to face me. "Hey, Mad- whoa."

"What?" I'm going to be honest, I wanted him to say I look pretty.

"You look, uh, tall." is all he said. I look tall? That's all? I was a bit disappointed, but I shrugged it off and gave him a smile.

"Thanks.." I sat down next to him, "It's cold, huh?" I said rubbing my hands together trying to find the least bit of warmth.

"Yeah, it is. You enjoying the game?" He glanced at me.

"Honestly, no." I said looking into his eyes for the first time tonight.

"And you might be?" An unknown voice said to me. I turned at the sound of the man's voice. He was tall and looked to be in his late forties.

Stiles cleared his throat, "Oh, dad, this is Madelyn." He was Stiles' dad? Wasn't he the sheriff?

"Hi, I'm Madelyn." I shook my head, "He just told you that. Sorry."

Mr. Stilinski chuckled, "I've heard a lot about you."

"Oh?" What did Stiles say about me? "Good things, I hope?"

Just as he opened his mouth, Stiles interrupted, "So, what about this game?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm just not a fan of lacrosse." Maybe, I would be if I ever saw Stiles play. But, I don't like Stiles. Right? Right.

But the thing is, I think I do.

Just as the thought began to process in my mind about how I feel for Stiles, the crowd erupted in cheers. People began to clear the bleachers and scurry onto the field. I watched as Stiles ran towards the locker room. Being the nosey person I am, I followed.

I opened the door slowly and made sure it didn't close loudly. My heels clicked against the flooring of the locker room.

"S-Stiles?" Where did he go? "Stiles?" I felt someone grab my wrist. I would've screamed, but the person's free hand was covering my mouth. I began to squirm in the person's grip, but they were to strong. I didn't know what else to do, so I took the heel of my shoe and jammed it in the person's foot. They let go of me. I turned around to see the culprit- "Stiles?"

"I am so, so sorry." I rushed over to him. "I thought you were a murderer."

He was biting his lip in pain, "It's okay, but whisper."

"Why?" He pointed around the lockers to show Scott and Allison liplocking. This was great! I remembered Stiles, "Oh my god, Stiles, I feel awful. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I will be. Those are really, really tough heels."

I laughed, "Sorry. Again." I heard Allison mutter a few words to Scott before walking around the lockers and seeing me.

"C'mon, Madelyn." Allison held her arm out for me to grab.

"Sorry." I told Stiles one last time before leaving the locker room.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N:

So, I don't really like this chapter, Im having a bit of writers block. Thank you for reading and I hoped you enjoyed (: x.