seven || let's change the subject.

« « s e v e n » »

I'm not ready.

I can see Stiles getting closer and closer to his car... and I'm not ready. I'm not ready for the questions he's going to ask me. I'm not ready to be accused by Derek. I'm not ready to tell anyone. So, I do the only thing I can think off. I open the car door and hop out of the jeep.

And I run.

"MADELYN!" I hear Stiles cry out to me, but I keep running, not looking back.

I'm not ready to tell anyone about all I know. I don't trust anyone, yet. No one knows that I know and no one can find out. What would my family do if they found out I knew? And especially if they knew the way I felt about it? The thought made my stomach churn.

I slowed down my pace, "Where the hell am I?" I muttered under my breath. I had absolute no clue where I was. Even though I have lived here for more than a month-- I was not good with direction, at all.

I sighed loudly and muttered a few profanities. I was surrounded by trees. There were no clearings at all, how the hell did I even manage to get here? Although, it seemed like there was a sort of path under my feet. Most likely, a path people would run on. I actually remember my sister talking about this path in the woods.

It was actually sort of... peaceful. Like an escape. I followed the path a little further. In the middle of the forest stood a house. It was tall and tarnished, like it had been through some type of destruction. The house was-- burned and black, so I presume it was a fire that it had been through. I kept my distance from the house, this is how horror movies start. But, hey, my life is practically a horror movie, with werewolves and werewolf hunters.

Still-- I didn't enter the house. I walked further and further along the path to finally find a clearing that led to the road. Not knowing what I else to do, I followed along the side of the road. Why the hell did I even run away from him? I could trust Stiles, couldn't I? Why the hell were Stiles and Scott even associating with Derek? He's a lot older than us? And why were they helping him?

Unless... My eyes went wide as I put all the puzzle pieces together. Scott, werewolf. Derek, werewolf. Kate shot him. That's why our dad was picking her up so late last night. That's why there stories were different. I facepalmed myself. How could I have not realized sooner? All the signs were there. The way Scott played lacrosse, the way he would jump at the lightest sounds, how Derek knew where we lived. He followed our scent. All things werewolves do.

"Madelyn?" My head snapped up to meet the voice. Stiles. "Get in, it's late." He patted the side of his jeep.

I looked at the scene. When had it become night? "I-Is Derek with you?" My voice coming out shakier then I intended.

He shook his head, "He's with Scott. Ju-Just get in, Madelyn. I need to talk to you." His voice rising slightly.

I nodded, before running to the side of the jeep and climbing in. I'm still not ready to tell Stiles, not ready at all, "So, how's your day been?" I said, trying to change the subject. Just as Stiles opened his mouth to reply, I said, "Mine has gone exceptionally well! I got an A on my history test, that I didn't even study for! Then someone complimented on my outfit! Oh, and I actually took a hike in the woods, it was great. In fact, my whole day has been great and I hope that everyone's day was as good as mine and-."

Stiles cut me off, "Madelyn, stop!" He sighed, "We really need to talk. I need to explain somethings to y-."

"Your shoes are really nice, what are they Nikes?" I said, still trying to change the subject. He let out a frustrated sigh, "Oh, those are Adidas. I've never really liked tennis shoes, I'm more of a heel girl with the exception of vans and converse." I told him.

He nodded, "I like vans, too- Dammit." He groaned, "Stop changing the damn subject."

I slumped in my seat, defeated, "Whatever, okay."

He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, "So, I have to explain some things that you may or may not belie-."

I stopped him midsentence, "Scott's a werewolf, Derek is a werewolf. Kate shot him today. My whole family are a just bunch of freaking werewolf hunters. Yes, Stiles, I know."

He gaped at me, "W-What?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

I sighed, "I've known my whole life about my family, but they don't know I know. And I figured out about Derek and Scott when I was in the woods. Stiles, you're not a wolf, too, are you?"

He chuckled, slightly, "No. Nothing, just a pale, awkward, sarcastic boy."

I smiled before changing back to a serious expression, "Stiles, you can't tell my sister, she doesn't know anything yet." I said.

He had a half smile on his face, "I won't say anything. How long have you known?"

"A while now." I said, "I just thought it was peculiar with all the weapons my dad owns and then I happened to do a little research on my family and I guess that's when I found out about werewolves and my family. Hell, Argent means silver. And then I read this whole story about our family and this wolf. And yeah. "

"Well, are, uh, are you on your family's side?" He said hesitant.

I shook my head, "No, yes, I don't know!" He jumped slightly by the tone of my voice, "Sorry. I just don't exactly know what to think. I don't think what my family is doing is right, but I don't think it's wrong either. It's like we're in a freaking t.v. show, Stiles." I seethed. I was so frustrated, because I didn't know what side to take.

He laughed, lightly, "We'll be okay, Madelyn. We'll be okay." He said, seriously.

And I believe him. I believe we will be okay.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So, I actually like this chapter. There's a lot going on for Mad right now and she's confused, but you'll see how she handles it all as the story progresses. Oh, and how about that Miles action? Well, not really action, but they had a little moment. Thank you for 100+ votes and reading. (: