Chapter Twenty Four

"I'm tired guys...can we go to sleep now?"  "NO!  This is starting to get interesting."  I yawned.  We had been playing truth or dare for hours now, and it was 12:00.  Louis and Sydney had now kissed twice, Harry had to run through the halls in his boxers screaming, "I LOVE LOUIS TOMLINSON!" while we recorded it, and Liam had to prank call a chinese restaurant.  It was a fun night, but now I could barely hold my eyes open.  "I can't stay up any longer.  Go play somewhere else so I can sleep on the couch."  They did as they were told, and went to Liam's room.  Louis was the last person out, so he kissed my cheek.  "Sweet dreams, kiddo."  He ruffled my hair.  I went to the hall closet, and grabbed a few blankets to cover up with.  I really hate sleeping down here, because it was so creepy.  There was also a door with full length glass right across from me.  I laid down, and got under all of the blankets.  Right when I got comfortable, there was a tapping noise on the door.  "Don't let it scare you.  It's just your imagination.  Go to sleep."  I said to myself as I closed my eyes.  The tapping noise returned, and my eyes shot wide open.  I got under the blanket, and pulled my phone out.  I quickly texted the first person on my favorites list, Niall.  'Can you come down here for a sec?'  I remained under the blanket until I heard footsteps approaching me.  "Yes?"  "There's a tapping noise on the door.  Its freaking me out." He looked over, and slowly approached it.  I got up, and stood behind him.  There was nothing out there.  I really felt stupid, but it was so scary.  "I don't see anything, but I'll stay down here for a while and listen."  "Ok, thanks."  We both sat on the couch, and waited silently for the tapping to return.  Sure enough it did.  Niall quickly stood up, and walked over the the door before opening the blinds.  "Stand behind me."  I did as I was told, and scurried over behind him.  He quickly opened the blinds and took a step back, slamming into me.  I looked out the window to see a figure running across the street below us.  "Niall, look!"  He directed his attention to the person. "Holy. Crap."  Ok, the fact that Niall was freaked out...freaked me out really bad.  "Niall, I'm scared.  What if he was a murderer?"  He turned around so he was facing me.  "I'll protect you, Ash.  Don't worry."  He put his hands on my shoulder.  "What if he murders me in the middle of the night?"  He laughed.  "Well, you will just have to sleep in my room then.  You know, for safety."  I couldn't see him because of the darkness, but I imagined him winking when he said that.  "Yeah, guess so."  I smiled as we walked upstairs.  "Let me go tell Louis that I'm going to bed."  "Oh, right.  You can go hang out with them if your not tired?"  He shook his head.  "No, I'm tired.  I was about to go to bed anyway."  I got in his big comfortable bed, and let out a long sigh.  He came back in with Liam following.  I could tell Niall was irritated about something but I didn't know what.  "Hi Liam?"  "Niall isn't going to sleep in here tonight."  Ok, he has officially lost it.  "Oh, so you just want me to sleep downstairs with th-"  I cut myself off when I saw Niall’s face.  He had a 'don't say anything about it' face, so I shut up.  "With the what?"  "Spiders."  He sighed.   "Kat won't let Georgia sleep in Harry's room and she's scare of downstairs.  She's going to sleep in here."  I already had a plan.  "Ok, fine with me."  Niall looked confused, so I mouthed "I have a plan." before he walked out.  Georgia came into my room, with a sour look on her face.  "Don't worry, I'm not making you stay in here."  "Really?"  I shook my head.  "You can go to Harry's room as long as Kat doesn't find out.  You can go tell Niall that he can come back too if he wants."  She smiled. "Thank you so much!"  She ran out the door, and a few minutes later Niall came in.  "Well, you're smart."  I laughed.  "I try.  I just hope Liam doesn't come back in here."  "Yeah, me too.  He might go all Daddy Direction on us."  I laughed as I rolled over with my back facing Niall.  "Goodnight, Ash.  Sweet dreams."  "You too."  Sleep instantly took over, and I slept better than I have in the past few days.  

*buzz buzz*  I opened one eye to look at my phone.  Can I not just sleep in for once?  I looked over to see that it was Cole.  'From Cole!!!: Hey, I know it's really early but it's pretty urgent.  Call me.'  I dialed his number, and he answered on the second ring.  "Ashley, dad's here.  He's looking for you!"    He was whispering, but I could hear the alarm in his voice.  "What?  You didn't tell him where I was did you?"  "No, but just stay inside and don't call the house phone."  I sighed.  My stomach felt like it was about to explode.  "Ok, love you."  "Love you too, sis."  I walked back into Niall’s room, and he was wide awake.  "Who was on the phone?"  Here come the 20 questions "Cole."  "Why did he call so early?"  I shrugged.  "Ashley."  "Hmm?"  He stood up and walked closer to me.  "You're not very good at lying."  "I'm not lying."  He raised an eyebrow.  "Ok, fine.  Promise not to get all freaked out on me?"  He nodded.  "Ok, well my dad is at Cole's house looking for me.  Bu-"  "What?!  Why is that idiot over there?"  And he's getting all freaked out... "Niall, it's ok!  Cole didn't tell him where I live.  I'll be fine."  "Ok.  But if he lays a finger on you, I swear I'll punch him in th-"  I cut him off.  "I got it."  He smiled, and started walking towards me.  "I just care about you a lot."  His eyes flickered to my lips, and he inched closer.  It took everything in me to push him away, but I did.  "Niall, I can't.  I have to know where we stand before I can just kiss you again."  "Ashley Molton, I love you more than any person has ever love someone, and I have since the day I laid eyes on you.  I would be the happiest person in the world if you would be my girlfriend."  I smiled, and gave him a light peck on the lips.  "Is that a yes?"  "Absolutely."  I smiled before kissing him again.  This time it lasted longer, and it was more passionate.  He threw me on the bed so I was now under him, and I wrapped my legs around his torso bringing us impossibly closer.  "I love you so much.  You mean the world to me."  He said in between kisses.  "I love you too, Niall."  

Louis' P.O.V.

I was sitting in my room checking twitter, when I heard someone talking in the hall.  "What?  You didn't tell him where I was did you?"  It was Ashley...she was up rather early.  "Ok, love you."  Who was she talking to?  Why did she say she loved them?  These are the questions that keep me up at night.  I decided to mind my own business, so I stayed in my room.  I was humming along to the radio when I heard Niall yell.  "What?!  Why is that idiot over there?"  I guess he figured out who she was talking to.  I couldn't help myself, so  cracked my door open and listened.  "Niall, it's ok!  Cole didn't tell him where I live.  I'll be fine."  Oh it was about her dad.  "Ok.  But if he lays a finger on you, I swear I'll punch him in th-"  "I got it." Niall wouldn't hurt a fly... "I just care about you a lot."  Oh, God.  All the mushy gushy stuff.  There was about a 5 second silence, and Ashley started speaking again.  "Niall, I can't.  I have to know where we stand before I can just kiss you again."  Niall said something along the lines of 'blah blah I love you, be my girlfriend.' then she kissed him back, and all that crap.  It really was like a pathetic romance movie.  I noticed that there was a long pause, and no one was speaking.  I tip-toed around the corner to have my eyes scarred forever.

So, what do you guys think? :)  I've ben thinking, and I just decided to get your opinion.  Do you think this is too kiddish?  I can really make it PG-13, or keep it how it is.  Let me know!  Comment/Vote/Fan!  You can message me if you're bored too ;) 

xxxmattixxx