Stowaway Chapter 31

I lay on the beach watching Tom and our son splashing about in the sea. Little Thomas was getting so big now he was just over three months old. Chubby little legs with rolls of fat on the inside of his thighs, little round belly and chubby cheeks. His hand and feet were strong if he managed to kick you whilst changing him you felt it and if he got hold of your hair there was no letting go. His new thing was chewing on his daddy's chin, when Tom had stubble for the day baby Thomas would chew like made trying to cut his teeth. It was hilarious to watch as he would just hold his daddy's hair and open his mouth as wide as it would go and pull Tom in, as he savaged him. Covering him in saliva and sometimes he would make a growling noise which would have Tom in hysterics laughing. Half the time I think Tom forgets I am here and gets that caught up in his son but I am glad, that is the way it should be and watching them together was my favourite thing to do.

I watched as Tom held him in the air and brought him down into the water. Little Thomas held his breath as he swam under water with his daddy. He was like a fish. He loved to swim. I lay back closing my eyes just listening to them playing with each other. It made my heart swell, I still could not believe that I was here with Tom let alone that we were married and had a beautiful baby boy who had become the centre of our world.

Settling him at night before we took time to be together, watching our baby sleep, noticing the different things about him everyday as he comes into his own. He is growing so fast. I needed to go to the main land to shop for clothes for him and a cot as he is out growing his crib. Plus the little bugger rolls now so he manages to get on his belly and push himself up on his arms and nearly fell out twice last week. We have take to putting pillows on the floor around it in case he manages to fall out whilst my back is turned, even for a second.

Tom was kissing me last Tuesday morning and we got a bit carried away. When all of a sudden we both stopped and looked towards the crib at the same time, just as baby Thomas rolled himself out. Tom caught him as I gasped and put my hands over my face. There I was panicking but Tom caught him with one hand, as the other was still trapped under my back from where he had been undressing me. He just very calmly moved him over to lie on my chest and then blew a raspberry on his tummy. Nothing like a smiling baby to kill the mood and change it for a jovial one. I wouldn't change it for the world though.

I felt Tom's lips on mine waking me from my reverie. "Hello gorgeous," he said as his lips claimed mine again. Wrapped in his arms and swaddled in a blanket was our son, sleepy as his head poked out of the blanket and let out a little yawn. "I better feed him" I said. He would sleep longer and better with a full belly. He was trying mashed up food now too as he was growing so quick. He was greedy but not as greedy as baby Michael. Baby Michael is so adorable, he is the image of his father but with his mothers colouring. He started to say a few things like 'Dada' and 'Mum, mum'. Oh and he turns his nose up at things he doesn't like anymore. He shakes his head when he doesn't want it and cries if you don't give him his own way. Virginia and Michael have their hands full now. He crawls around and has taken to biting people or pinching their cheeks with his fat little hands. If you tell him 'Ah, Ah, no pinching' and give him a sore look, he breaks his heart crying but he has to learn not to bite or pinch. I am sure we are going to go through this too and seeing as Little Thomas is learning very quickly how to roll and giggle from his cousin, I assume that the pinching will commence next week not three months from now.

I finished feeding him as Tom gathered our things to go home. It had been a lovely family day. 'Family' Tom and I were family.

We went for a visit to another Island for our wedding anniversary with Virginia, Michael, our children and some friends. Thomas introduced me to the some local friends of the Island "This is my family, my wife Ella and our son Thomas.' I was so proud to be his wife and the mother of his child, I nearly burst. I couldn't help but think that some of the women there, if not all of them, were envious of me for having such a wonderful, charming, handsome husband. I remembered how I would look at him and fantasize about him before we were married. That must be how they feel but they can't have him, he is mine. As he just said "My wife Ella".