Stowaway Chapter 15

I stood by the window looking out trying to steady myself before I passed out.

I felt his hands snake around my waist and I put my hands on them as he whispered into my ear, "Turn around Ella."

It took all of my courage but I turned, he tipped my chin up to look at him and his mouth found mine. That was it, that was all I needed his lips on mine. My arms reached around his neck pulling him deeper into the kiss as he pulled my body closer to his and my knees went weak.

We kissed for a few moments more before he pulled back and stared into my eyes, stroking my cheek with the back of his fingers like he used too. "I love you Ella, I always have. I was just too stupid to admit it to myself or to you. Please tell me I haven't lost you and you still love me like you wrote in your letter," he spoke with such conviction.

The words I wanted to say swam around in my head but never quite made it to my lips. Virginia's advice rang in my ear, 'touch him'. I nodded and flung my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He loved me.

He let out a loud sigh of relief and held me tight. I whispered in his ear 'I love you, Captain Thomas, my pirate captain," I kissed his cheek.

He squeezed me tight. "You have no idea how much I needed to hear you say that." He held my face between his strong hands and kissed me. His kiss soft and gentle but with such passion. I melted in his arms.

He broke off our kiss, smiled and stood back. He got down on one knee and held out an astonishingly beautiful ring. "Ella, will you make an honest pirate of me and give me your hand in marriage?"

I couldn't believe it. He was asking me to marry him.

"Yes!" I said as I stared in shock and nodded for double confirmation. He smiled the most dazzling smile ever and pushed the ring on my finger. It was perfect fit. He stood, said "Thank you," and kissed me as my mind rejoiced at a dream come true. He was mine! He wanted me! Ahhhhh!.... My god he was a fantastic kisser.

"Ella, did I tell you it was married as in right now?" he asked as he broke off our kiss again.

"Pardon?" I didn't understand.

"There is a fully ordained minister downstairs, he's leaving soon," he said.

"Are you joking?" I asked.

"No," he grinned. "Why wait, we are in love. I can't wait to be your husband and you just promised to become my wife. So lets do it now, who knows the next time we will get a minister through here."

"I don't have a dress," I said, not that it mattered.

"Yes you do, its in the wardrobe," he said.

"Sorry, I'm not following you," I replied.

"You don't think we got a dress from your friend for Virginia and didn't get one for you, do you?" he asked smiling mischievously. "I couldn't risk you refusing me for the sake of a dress. Your friend said you would love it and she was glad you punched her brother, plus it was three times not two, you punched him when you were 20 at a ball," he laughed.

"Ooops I forgot that one," I giggled.

"I have proposed, you accepted, you are wearing my ring and as such you are my fiancée. You even have a dress. Are we going to do this today Miss Eleanor Fitzpatrick soon to be Mrs Eleanor Tyler? Pirate Captains Bride," he grinned teasingly.

"Aye, Aye Captain," I replied and he kissed me and swung me around till we reached the door.

He leant over and opened the door "Crew, the wedding is on," he shouted. They all cheered and hollered. Michael and Virginia being the loudest of them all. Making me giggle with excitement.