Stowaway Chapter 13

Later that night Alice came to visit as promised and I got to ask her loads of questions. She told me about how to pleasure a man and myself. I found myself wishing I could be with Tom but I knew that was never going to happen. I was never going to see him again. I needed to move on and stop hanging on to an unrequited love that should have been left to drown in the sea along with the old me. Tears stung my eyes.

"You'll find someone I am sure of it. Everyone finds love at some point," she said and I knew she believed it and whilst it is probably true it doesn't mean that love has to be returned. I was proof of that.

I settled down to sleep for the night, pillows in their usual 'Tom' shape and closed my eyes picturing my pirate captain. I couldn't help it, he soothes me.

I was awoke by a commotion. As Alice ran to my room. "Quick hid, its Pirates, if they find you they will take you. I am only safe as the Captains wife," she said and led me by the hand down the corridor. My heart banged against my rib cage. I couldn't see a thing. Then I felt something over my head and I was lifted off my feet and thrown over something and carried off. It was someone's shoulder.

I didn't kick or scream. I knew it did no good.

I heard a voice, I recognised and hadn't heard in a long time. It was Bearded Pirate. Now I screamed!

I felt myself being carried down below and in my minds eye I knew it was to his chambers. OH MY GOD NO!!!

I was thrown onto a bed and left there. I dare not remove the cover from my head I was too scared of what I might see. With all the panic and lack of oxygen I fainted.

"This one should fetch a pretty price," I heard as I came around.

"Don't I know her from some where?" I kept my eyes closed.

"Wasn't she Captain Tyler's wench. We better inform the Captain, we don't want to risk angering Tyler or he will kill us all. He's already been on several killing sprees lately I don't want to be added to the list. I am not dancing the hempen jig for no wench."

"He has a new wench now, we met her remember, I heard they got married, there is a baby on the way too. He won't care about this one anymore. He probably threw her over board and that's how come she ended up here."

My heart shattered into tiny pieces, Tom married and becoming a father. It was to be expected I suppose. He had never loved me and to his knowledge I had been dead for over a year. Just because I had stopped living didn't mean everyone else did. They all had to move on with their lives.

"Hello again," Bearded Pirate said to me.

I didn't answer.

"What should we do with her Captain?" a crew member asked.

"Trade her, put her as the icing on the cake. Either way get her off my vessel. I won't face a curse," Bearded Pirate said. "Such a shame too, but I have witnessed him bedding her with my own eyes, she it soiled goods."

That stung. Soiled goods. That is what I felt like so long ago and though I had tried to run from that identity, the moment he spoke the words I was pierced straight to the heart. Not that much was left of it, having been shattered moments ago when I heard Tom is now married with a child on the way. Who was he married too? What is his type? What was it like to have him want her? What was it like to make love to him, to have him say he loves and asked for her hand in marriage? What was it like to be introduced as his wife? What did he say when he found out she was pregnant? What is it like to carry his child?

She, who ever she was had the life I wanted and craved for so badly.

"Oh are those tears," he said mockingly and tried to stroke my cheek. Before I knew it I bit his fingers and launched myself at him. Attacking him, punching, kicking, screaming and managed to pull the knife out of his belt. I slashed at him and cut his arm. I was willing to die. I didn't care. I wanted to die!