Driving In Your Car, I Never, Never Want To Go Home

"Ready to go?"

Dazai has just put the last bag in the car and looked at you. You nodded and walked to the car and sat on the passenger sit. Dazai checked everything for the last time and then got in the car too. Dazai started the car and was about to start driving, when his phone suddenly rang.

"It's Kunikida." He said and answered the call

The decision to leave Yokohama was so spontaneous and unexpected. You were nervous because of two reasons: 1) Port Mafia could understand, that you left and could try to find you two. Dazai told you not to worry and think about this as a usual trip, but you knew, that he just didn't want to bother you. You understood it by noticing some small things in his behavior. The other reason was that you were going to spend some time (you didn't even for how exactly much time) with Dazai alone. Yeah, you had already lost your virginity with him (and you had no regrets about it), but you were still nervous.

Finally, Dazai had stopped talking and he put his phone away.

"Kunikida just wanted to ask us if everything is alright." Dazai said "And he reminded me to call him if something goes wrong and to keep you safe and sound. He's like a mom, honestly."

"He's just worrying about us." You answered "Don't complain about this."

Dazai rolled his eyes and started driving because you had to get out of the town before it was late.

In that moment, you didn't know much about Dazai's driving skills.

***

The sun was already going down, but you were still driving. You loved every single second of this trip already. Right now, there was no Port Mafia or ADA. It was only you, Dazai, the endless road and The Smiths. You were talking with him about some silly and unimportant stuff, but none of you didn't even care what you were talking about. The most important was, that you were able to hear each other's voices. You've stopped a couple of times to eat and to stretch your legs.

Life seemed so simple in that moment. Never in your life have you thought, that you'd have the chance to experience such feeling. You've changed so much after you met Dazai. You became happier. Now, you knew, that all the pain and suffering you've been through was worth this man, who was now sitting next to you, smiling and humming the song, which was playing. His one hand was holding your hand, fingers were intertwined and his thumb was stroking your palm. From time to time, he looked at you just to see your beautiful face. He looked at you as if he was looking at the sky full of stars.

"I love you." He suddenly said

You didn't reply instantly just because you didn't expect him to say it so suddenly.

"I love you too." You finally answered and smiled "It was so suddenly."

"I just felt, that I had to say it." He chuckled "Sometimes feelings get so overwhelming, that you have to tell someone about them. Love is no difference."

"It's overwhelming?" You asked blushing slightly

"Yeah, definitely. I'm madly in love with you." He answered "I just...I don't know how to explain it. I'm in love with someone, who loves me back. I'm now here with this person, I'm holding her hand. It still sounds like some very good dream and I'm afraid to wake up."

You squeezed his hand tighter.

"I'm here. You don't have to worry. It sounds unreal to me too, but I'm getting used to it little by little." You said softly "We'll get used to it soon. You'll see."

He smiled.

"Thanks, (Y/N)." He said

"For what? I didn't do anything!" You asked

"Thank you for loving such a broken person like me." He explained "I would kiss you so hungrily right now if I wasn't driving."

You blushed madly at his words and looked away to hide his embarrassment.

"Oh c'mon, (Y/N), there's no need to be embarrassed." He smirked "I've done much more dirtier  things to you...and I wouldn't mind to repeat them, you know."

"Better look at the road!"

***

After a couple of hours, you've finally get to another city and found a hotel to stay in. You were now in your room, unpacking your luggage. It was almost midnight, but surprisingly you didn't feel sleepy. Maybe, just tired, but not sleepy. You also felt a bit sick and you promised yourself, that once you get to Yokohama again, the first thing you'd do is get a driving license to not let Dazai drive again

"(Y/N)~" Dazai suddenly called you

You felt a pair of strong hands wrapping around your waist.

"Yes?" You answered

"Do you remember, what I told you?" He asked nuzzling his nose in the crook of your neck

"You've told me a lot of things. What exactly are you talking about?" You asked

"I wanted to repeat one thing." He explained "Would you mind if I do it now~?"