Flightless Bird

Life was surely a merciless thing. You understood it ever since you were young. Why were you given such a horrible ability? You can't even handle it! It was out of your control. The worst thing was that it could harm people and you couldn't do anything with it.

Your ability,"Unreal Human" allowed you to transform your emotions into physical power. Let me explain it. Remember how Fitzgerald uses money to increase his physical power? Your ability was almost the same,but you used your emotions. If you felt like you were extremely angry or sadness was overwhelming these emotions transformed into an energy. From aside,"Unreal Human" was a bit like Akutagawa's "Rashomon". It was even as dangerous as "Rashomon",if not more. But the problem was that you couldn't control it. Once,you became very sad all these energy just escaped out of your body and you didn't know how to stop it. It could hurt someone at ease. People were afraid of you. Even your parents were afraid of you. They loved you,they wished they could help you,but all they could do is just help you to deal with your own emotions.

Because of villain called life you were very emotional. Usually it's not strange because a lot of people are emotional,but not in your case. You knew that you felt too much. There were too many feelings you were feeling and they weren't pleasant.

Like I've said before,people were afraid of you and your power. This is a very old truth that people hate things,which they are afraid of. You didn't have friends,but no one bullied you too. They didn't dare to hurt you because your ability could kill them. Even teachers didn't dare give you bad marks because of you uncontrollable power. School was a nightmare,but eventually it ended.

After school you moved from your parents to the city called Yokohama. You didn't want to go to university. Again,it was because of you ability. You were working in a company,which owner was one of your father's friends. You were now 20 years old,but you still didn't have any friends and of course you were single. You haven't even had your first kiss!

Now your ability was under your control,more or less. When things were really bad and life was too painful and difficult you just took antidepressants and it helped you to calm down. You've thought about suicide,but you still had a small hope deep in your soul,that maybe in the end,even you'll be happy.

Your life seemed to never be changed. You thought so. Until one day Port Mafia has heard about you and your ability and decided,that you could be a great weapon. That day your life changed. You met a person who was going to play the most important role in your life.

One day you were coming home from work. It was already late and dark so you were a bit scared. Suddenly you heard some footsteps behind you. You and that person were alone in the street. You decided not to imagine some horrible scenarios earlier,that you should and you kept going trying to keep calm. Footsteps behind you became faster and you began walking faster as well.

"Hey don't try to run away!" The person behind you screamed

He noticed your intention and you knew ,that  you were in trouble.

"Rashomon!"

Immediately you turned around and saw,that your follower activated his ability and now two black jaws were getting closer to you. You screamed and for the first time in your life you didn't try to hold you ability back. Now the emotion,which transformed into an anergy was fear. It broke out of you and stopped "Rashomon".

You were so scared and shocked,that someone tried to kill you out of nowhere.nYour knees went week and you dropped to the ground. You knew,that you blocked his attack just because of luck and if he attacked you again,"Rashomon's" jaws would reach its target. You thought you were going to die,but suddenly you heard someone.

"Well,Akutagawa,that's enough!"

A man in beige trench coat and bandages all over his arms and neck appeared in between you and Akutagawa. He was handsome. He had dark chocolate hair and brown eyes,which stared right into your own. You were surprised,but the man was smiling you.

"She's Port Mafia's target! She won't run away from us!" Akutagawa said

"I won't let you hurt her. You know you won't defeat me"  The man said and looked at Akutagawa

"But..." Akutagawa began

"Better disappear before I count to 10" 

Akutagawa knew,that it was useless to fight now. He wouldn't win,anyway. After an instant, he was no longer in the street.

"That was a right decision" The man said

He turned to you and gave you a hand to help you stand up.

"T-thank you" You said shyly still shocked after what has just happened

"I didn't do anything special" The man answered

"If you didn't come I would already be dead! You saved my life! How can you say,that you didn't do anything special!" You said

The man's smile grew wider.

"What's your name?" He asked

"(Y/N) (L/N)" You answered

"Nice to meet you,(Y/N)" He said "My name is Dazai. Dazai Osamu"