Chapter 30

A few days later....

I had finally gotten over the fact that Matt was the father. I shouldn't care anyway, I have Shawn and Matt is excited about the baby.

It was currently 3:00 in the morning and I was tossing and turning in my bed. Shawn was right beside me.
"Babe, are you okay?" He asked sitting up and rubbing his eyes.
"I can't fall asleep. I'm tired but I'm just anxious for some reason." I said sounding frustrated.
"Come here." He said pulling me into his chest and rubbing my arms.
"Better?" He asked.
"Yeah, thank you."' I said smiling up at him.
I kissed his cheek and then finally fell back asleep.

-------

December 21st, Magcon Nashville Tennessee

"That crowd was amazing." Carter said walking off stage and towards the sound booth.
"Yeah, they are so loud." Cam agreed.
"What other acts do we have?" Jordan asked while DJ-ing.
"Jack and Jack & then Shawn." I answered looking off my clipboard and making sure the lights started to flash to signal the Jacks.

"We need more. We need one more act and then we need a finale." Bart said looking at his watch.

"Who else is going to do anything?" I asked confused.

"Callie, could you sing a few songs?" Carter asked.

"Oh yeah! Let's do that!" Jordan said jumping up and down.

Bart's eyes lit up and I knew I wasn't going to be able to talk myself out of this one.

"How many songs?" I asked watching the show still.

"Three." Cam said exchanging hopeful glances around the room.

"Fine, here's my clipboard and headset." I said handing them over to him.

"Yes!! You'll do great! GOOD LUCK!!" Carter yelled as I walked to my dressing room.

I was currently wearing jeans and a long sleeve magcon shirt, so I changed.

I wore a short sleeve, knee length, maroon shirt with black leggings and black ankle boots.
And then threw my messy hair into a high ponytail.

I added a black scarf and a grey cardigan and checked myself in the mirror.

This will do.

I was excited to go back to singing on stage. I hadn't done that in awhile.
I was just a bit nervous but in a good way.

I decided on singing Lost Boy, Don't Let Me Down, and Scars To Your Beautiful.

And since it was the last show for the tour, we are going to all sing "We Are A Family" at the end.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard an applause followed by a chant.

"We Love Magcon! We Love Magcon!"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked into the mirror.

You can do this.

I walked out and onto stage.

The crowd went wild.

"CALLIE CALLIE CALLIE CALLIE!!!!" They screamed.

I smiled at them and set up my microphone so it was at my height.

Then I heard the intro of Lost Boy start to play.

"There was a time, when I was alone. No where to go and no place to call home." I started to sing.

I saw Shawn in the sound booth with the guys and Jordan.

I felt tears build up in the corner of my eyes and the emotion was overwhelming.

"Sing a long!" I yelled in the middle of singing Don't Let Me Down.

And then at the end of Scars To Your Beautiful, everyone came on stage to sing with me.