Chapter 23

Shawn's face turned dark and full of anger.
"Where is he?" He asked slamming his fist on the couch.

"He's out for a run cooling down, and I think that's what you should do." Carter said holding him back by his arm.

"Leave me alone, she's my girlfriend!" Shawn yelled while getting free of Carter's hand.

"Shawn, look at me." I said taking his chin and forcing him to look into my eyes.

He struggled at first but then looked at me.
"I'm fine." I finally said.

He stopped struggling and grabbed me by the waist.
"Tell taylor that if he-" he started to say.

Then Taylor walked in.
"If I do what?" Taylor asked walking towards the refrigerator and taking a sip of orange juice.

"If you lay a hand on her, I swear to God that I will blacken your eyes." Shawn threatened.

"Shawn, it's okay." I said taking him by his arm and massaging his shoulders.

That seemed to calm him down for a second until he turned around and ran out of the house; slamming the door.

I shut my eyes and rested my head on my hand.

"It's going to be fine, you know it will be." Jordan whispered in my ear and patted my back.

I just smiled and then grabbed a bottled water.

I ran outside to find Shawn.
He was sitting in his car blasting music, with his head on the steering wheel.

I opened up the passenger door, and got inside, shutting it behind me.

He didn't lift his head up, he just continued to rest his head on the wheel and listen to Ed Sheeran.

"Shawn...." I said not knowing exactly what to say.

He lifted his head and I saw that there were tears in his eyes.
"Callie I'm sorry. I am your boyfriend and I should be the one to protect you and I didn't. I should've been there." He said shaking his head.

"Shawn, hold up. This is not your fault." I said grabbing his hand.

Then grew an awkward silence.

"I don't deserve you." He finally whispered.

I felt a boost of confidence overwhelm me.

"Don't you ever say that again! I don't deserve you. You are sweet, talented, caring, handsome, trustworthy, and many more. And guess what....I love you!" I said taking both of his hands and looking him in the eye.

"Callie, I love you too. But I think we need to take a break." He said taking out his keys and getting out of the car.

I hopped out and chased after him.

"SHAWN?? WHY??? This hurts me!!!" I yelled.

"Because you didn't even tell me that one of my good friends forced himself on you!" He shouted back.

I felt a tear run down my cheek but that didn't stop me.

"Maybe we shouldn't be together. Maybe we shouldn't take a break! Maybe we should just end it right now." I said regretting every bit of it.

Shawn's eyes grew big and he got closer.
My vision got blurry and I felt him grow closer and closer.

"Shawn! Stop!" I ran passed him and inside the house, up to my room.

I threw myself on the bed and felt the fear, sadness, and frustration consume me.

"Callie....are you okay?" I heard Jordan say.

I lifted my head up from the pillow and looked up at her.

"Oh honey." She said helping me with my runny makeup.

"What happened?" She asked.

"We broke up." I said feeling the tears come back again.

"What?" She asked surprised.

"You guys love each other." She said.

"I do...but I don't know about him." I whispered trying not to cry.

"Ten minutes until we have to leave for magcon!" Cameron yelled in the doorway.

"Okay thanks!" Jordan yelled back.

"We need you today Callie. You know your brother can't do this on his own. And it's my first show as a DJ." She said letting a small smile form.

"I'm coming. There's no doubt." I said.

"Just because we broke up, doesn't mean I can't show him what he's missing." I said standing up and fixing my makeup and outfit.

"Let's do this." I said taking one last look and walking downstairs.

Shawn was sitting on the couch with Matt.

I wonder if anyone else knows about our breakup....

"Okay we should get going so....Callie and Sha-" Cameron started to say.

"I will not be riding in his car." I spat.

There were glances around the room until everyone's eyes landed on Shawn.

He looked uncomfortable and just kept looking at his phone and his shoes.

"Okay, Matt can take Callie, Carter, and Jordan. Is that okay with you?" He asked Matt.

He nodded his head yes and then looked at me.

"Are you okay?" Matt mouthed to me.
"No." I said back.

Matt always knew how to make me feel better when my step dad would yell at me. He just knows what to do.

"Tell me later." He said.

I nodded my head and then walked out to his car.