Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

"Who's Derek Chandler?" I probed before anyone could say anything else.

"He's an Alpha of a pack in Virginia." Finnian answered me, then turned to Tyler. "Is Chandler involved?"

"I have no idea. We've never had any reason to suspect him of anything, but if his Beta is involved, then he's either an idiot for not knowing or he's involved as well."

"Wait, wasn't he that douche bag from the mating ball last year?" Selena butted in.

Finnian's nostrils flared and his chest rumbled. "Yes. He tried to convince Kendall to go home with him before Rylan stepped in. I knew I should have killed him that night."

"What's next here, Finn?"

"I want both Chandler and Phillips brought in for questioning. Tyler, you'll be going with Harrison and the best group of trackers. Find them and bring them back. Reassign everyone in his pack to another in the area. Matt, you and Kat will stay here just in case he has any more surprises for us."

"I'll get in touch with Harrison. We'll leave first thing in the morning." Tyler told him.

Finnian nodded once. "Get some sleep. I still have guards around the castle, so we should be safe tonight."

Before I could say anything else, everyone left, leaving just Finnian and me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room and down the hall, toward our bedroom.

"Wait, what's going on? Who are those people and what do they have to do with anything?" I questioned after he pulled the bedroom door shut behind us. 

"I don't know, Kendall. I don't know how they're involved. I don't know a damn fucking thing because they are always one step ahead of me!" He exploded right before he slammed his fist into the wall.

I gasped and jumped back as pieces of stone flew in all directions. He turned back to me, all blue in his eyes gone, replaced by molten gold that would've been beautiful if they didn't hold such hate and fury. His jaw was clenched so tight I thought it might break.

"You don't have to yell at me!" I shouted back, tears flooding my eyes.

"I'm not trying to yell at you. I'm just frustrated!"

"And you think I'm not?" I demanded incredulously. "My supposed brother wants to kill me, after he already took everything from me! I have nothing left!"

"Neither did I! Before you came back, I didn't have anything either. But we have each other now."

"That's not the same! You had yourself! You had your memories and you had a sense of who you were. I didn't have that. So don't you dare compare our situations!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were the only one who can be affected by this situation. My mistake. It wasn't like I lost my mate by the hands of someone I trusted you with!  I assigned him to be your guard, for fuck's sake.  I basically handed you to him on a silver fucking platter!" He sneered.  The windows across the room rattled at booming voice.

"You know what? You're an asshole. Maybe Ivaylo was right about you!" I yelled, my voice cracking and watery with tears.

I couldn't believe what I was saying. I didn't mean any of it. I cared about Finn and I knew Ivaylo had been lying. I knew it wasn't fair of me to minimize what he was feeling, but I just couldn't stop myself. It was like I bottled up so much rage for so long, that it was finally coming out like a volcano erupting. I had no chance at containing the heated fury boiling in my veins.

Finding Kendallजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें