Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

As ironic as it was, I could remember the day I awoke from my coma perfectly. My head had been throbbing, which had been caused by the gashes on my forehead and the back of my skull. I still had the scars, although they had faded drastically, to prove it. My face had been bruised and battered, one of my eyes swollen completely shut and my nose was still slightly crooked from the unclean break. I actually required surgery to correct the damage done to my shattered nostril bone. I also had several claw marks marring my smooth tanned skin.

I suppose that happens when you're the victim of an animal attack though.

I had been scared beyond belief when I woke up. I was hurting and I couldn't remember anything. I was a blank slate, as blank as I had been the day I was born. All I wanted that day was the comfort from people who loved me, who could explain who I was.

I had Ivaylo, which was amazing, but I always secretly wished that more people had been there. That more people cared. I always daydreamed how my life since would have been different had I woken up to a room full of people.

Sort of like I was experiencing now.

Only, now I didn't want it. Now I was just scared. Now I would give everything to be in a room with just Ivaylo.

Like I said, it was ironic.

The moment my eyes snapped open, I felt multiple pairs of eyes on me, burning holes in my body. I scattered into an upright position, letting the comforter pool around my waist. My eyes widened and my lip quivered as I met every eye in the room.

There were two men, both extremely similar looking. If I had to guess, I would say father and son. They were tall and burly men, an air of power and authority surrounding them. It reminded me of Ivaylo in a way. They both had intense looks on their faces that I couldn't decipher.

An older woman stood next to the man. She had her hands covering her mouth, her chocolate colored eyes red rimmed and filled with moisture, her cheeks ruddy and stained with tear tracks.  She released a sob as we made eye contact, the noise was the only sound in the silent room.

Next to the younger man was a tall, willowy girl. Her delicate, young features were twisted into a look of confusion, like she couldn't figure out something difficult, like how people could possibly enjoy pineapple on their pizza.

I knew that confused me.

My eyes moved to the two girls closest to me, both sitting on the end of the bed I was in.

The first had beautiful creamy cocoa skin, the kind that didn't come from the sun, but the beautiful blend of ethnicities. She had cat like green eyes, darker than my jade colored green. They were filled with worry and wonder, a weird combination. Her full lips were pouted slightly as she stared at me in inquiry. She tucked a strand of her long black hair behind her ear.

Lastly, my attention turned to the final girl in the room. Her lips were tilted up in a hopeful smile, causing two small dimples to appear in her slightly chubby cheeks. It was difficult to see just how tall she was as she was sitting down, but from what I could tell she was only a couple inches taller than me at most. She was slightly curvier than I was, which I was jealous of.

I licked my dry lips, trying to decide my next move. I wasn't sure what to do. How did someone react after they had been kidnapped? And what about Skye and Maisie? They had to have been going crazy looking for me. Would I ever even see them again?

"Kendall." The girl closest to me murmured, breaking the thick silence.

There it was; that name again. Kendall. They obviously thought I was someone else. Maybe I could talk my way out of this situation. Convince them I wasn't who they thought I was. Because I wasn't her. I was Emilia. I knew I was Emilia.