Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Wesley Tran

“You’re such a woman, Ollie.” After sending Damian off to the airport (Oliver gave him the taxi fare and everything), we ended up sitting in various positions in the living room. As usual, Ren and Elle dominated their couple couch, Lottie and Bryn sat on the armchair, and Hale and I got the comfortable floor with Oliver on the other armchair. Oliver, Ren, Hale, and I were trying to cure ourselves from the effects of alcohol by drinking the whole case of water that Lottie had brought over. Elle was giving Ren the silent treatment which was quite hilarious. He really looked like a lonely puppy without Elle. “Why would you need a plan to get over Clara and still remain friends? What happened to booze, strippers, and body shots?”

“If I remember correctly, you all did the whole booze thing this morning. And then woke me up for it. In my opinion, you don’t deserve strippers or body shots!” I shifted my gaze from Hale to Lottie and gave her a grin. I succeeded in catching her eye only to have her look away flushed with embarrassment. Did something happen while I was drunk and my hair got messed up? No. That can’t be. Hale wouldn’t sacrifice an unknowing person. However, she was the only girl, and Hale probably didn’t want me to sexually assault any of the guys, so it could make sense. Shit. Maybe I should find out if anything actually happened. My memory was not the best. If someone messes with my hair and I’m sober, I just go into a rage. However, if someone messes with my hair, like dear Ollie, and I’m drunk, it’s a whole different story. I don’t remember what I do. There have been a handful of times when I’ve tried to force myself onto Hale. Now that I think about it, I would be scarred for life if I were him. It doesn’t matter. Hale is not a judging person.

Oliver stared dejectedly at the coffee table and sighed while Hale continued on his tangent. “First of all, she’s a bitch. You will be over her in no time. You can even try being best friends again, and even though it won’t be the same, it’ll be a lot healthier than before. However, I must warn you. She seems to be the type that wants what she can’t have. No matter what, Ollie, you can’t falter. Not even if she confesses her love for you.” I laugh out loud at Hale. He’s basically setting down all the rules and guidelines for this plan that he was so adamantly against not a moment ago. “In fact, we need to cleanse her from you to effectively get over her. She’s not who you thought she was, Oliver.”

I nod my head in agreement, and so do Bryn and Lottie. “I hate to agree with Hale, but he’s right. There are steps to this. And it should work since Clara is not the one for you, Oliver.”

“It should work, Bryn? Up until she left, I was under the impression that she was the one for me. Will it not work if she is the one for me?” I fear that Oliver will go crazy soon. I glance at Hale to see his reactions to Bryn’s words. He looks painfully away from her eyes.

“Well, we all know it didn’t work for Bryn.” All eyes snap up to Lottie. She looks surprised that it came out of her mouth. I really think that she doesn’t have even a sliver of tact. She sneaks a glance at Bryn and opens her mouth to make a recovery. “What I mean to say is, actually I meant what I said. I’m not even drunk this time. It’s so obvious that it didn’t work for Bryn because Hale’s the one for her. But it will work for you, because you only thought that Clara was the one for you, but she isn’t.” Lottie has a look of defiance in her eyes and stares at everyone. I’ve never seen her look so confrontational. It’s like she’s actually sick of all this relationship drama. Charlotte Le? Sick of relationship drama and giving advice? Something’s obviously happened. Before anyone can interrupt, she continues on, pointing an accusatory finger at Elle and Ren. “And you two! Look at you both. Elle, you should be ashamed of yourself. Getting mad at him for participating in an act of bromance?” Elle looks outraged at this. The tension in the air is building, and a fight seems like it’s about to break out. “Normally, you wouldn’t be mad about this. And I know you better than most people, so I know what you’re trying to do. You’re trying to get into a fight with Ren! Just to prove to yourself that this relationship is completely healthy. Let me tell you this. Your relationship is very healthy. There is a difference between your relationship and being just friends. The difference is that you two love each other. I figured that I would let you figure this out yourself, but I’m just fed up with all these problems.”