Parents Day

Chapter 17: Parents Day

Strai’s Pov.

                “Wait, just Harry and Ginny right?” I asked. Praying for her to say. Because I wasn’t sure if I would be able to face Draco and Pansy. You know because the lied to me.

                “No. I called your guardians, too, Strai.” I appreciated that she didn’t call them my “Parents”, because that would make this whole situation more awkward.

                “What! You called the Malfoys?” I exclaimed.

                “Yes.” McGonagall replied simply. “After all, it is Parents Day tomorrow.”

                “Parents Day?” James and I answered at the same time.

                “Yes, saying most of the parents were at the Battle of Hogwarts, we decided, why not have the memorial and Parents Day on the same day?”

                “But, Professor, I have been here for six years and my parents and grandparents came here, yet I don’t ever remember anything about there being a Parents Day.”

                “Well, we just decided to start having them.”

                James looked at me and I shrugged. “Well I will leave you two to deal with your parents and or guardians.” She informed and then walked away. I looked at James.

                “Honestly, I don’t know what I am more scared of the fact that she left the Malfoys and the Potters in a room together or me facing the Malfoys.” I confessed.

                “It’ll be fine.” He said, his hand caressed my face softly. “I will be there with you the entire time.”

                “Thanks.”

                “Anytime.”

                When we walked into to see Draco, Pansy, Harry and Ginny standing around looking furious, I instantly reached for James’s hand. “You’ll be fine.” James whispered, calmly.  Draco and Harry were glaring at each other. When we walked in Draco broke his glare at Harry to me than his eyes went to our interlaced hands.

                The clocked ticked away slowly, each moment getting more awkwardly intense for nobody wanted to break the fragile silence. James being James decided to break it with, “Lovely weather.”

                Ginny sighed, angrily, “What were you two thinking?” she exclaimed. When Harry said, “It’s about damn time.” Ginny glared at Harry. “What?” he asked innocently. “Oh like you weren’t thinking it.” Ginny shock her head with a slight smile. She was. Everyone was.

                Fred had actually complained that he owed his dad 15 gallons. I ended up yelling at him, and it caused a whole massive argument! We didn’t talk for a week.

                “Wait.” Pansy interjected. “Are you two…dating?” You see Pansy was never the smartest person in the world. But she was a good cook (but not as good as Molly Weasely).  She really was an idiot though, and I wasn’t sure what to say so I just nodded slowly. “Aw! That’s cute. Even though he’s not like the other boys you’ve-“James looked at me and I just avoided his gaze.

                “Pansy!” Draco interrupted with a growl, “Your forgetting who the boy’s parents are.”

                “Oh, and don’t forget, Mother, Uncles, Aunts, Grandparents, Cousins, Siblings and wonderful girlfriend, too!” I offered with a menacing smile. “Speaking of cousins.” I looked Draco directly in the eyes. “How’s my favorite?”