Detention

Here it is! The next chapter of James Potter and the Next Generation!

Enjoy!

Vote, comment, like, and fan!

v----v Vampireluver23!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14:

Detention

Strai’s Pov.

I sat at a table in the divinations classroom. I leaned my head on my arm, listening to Trelawney rant.

            “You must predict all the outcomes of the decisions you make. For the spirits are just beyond.” I rolled my eyes, Yes they are Trelawney. There called ghosts, they are at this school. I thought to myself. “You have got see with your inner eye! For all peoples fates are planned and changed!”

            I cracked a smile. You have no idea, I thought.

            “What’s an inner eye?”

            “If you have to ask about the Sight then you don’t have it.” She answered.

            “Why would I want it?”

            “So,” she started, “you can see what the world has chosen for you! So you be ready for anything! If you can see it you can hear it! You can hear the spirits as they tell you to change the outcomes! So you can broaden your mind! You can see past all of the mundane events and seek the ones that shall turn you into a better person. A better person than your parents. But yet you are already aren’t you.” Her owl like eyes looked directly at me. “You’ve convinced many of it. But you feel it. You are slowly fading into the darkness aren’t you?”

            My eyes were wide. “How do you know that?”

            “I have the Sight, my dear.” Trelawney informed me, “You have it to. I can see it. A gift few have. Yet you have always been special.” She pinched my cheek when she said that.

            Yup this woman should be locked up in St. Mungos.

            She smiled a knowing smile, “you don’t believe me? Try.” She placed a crystal ball in front of me. “Gaze into the Orb.” I took a deep breath. I gazed into it.

            “This is futile. I’m not going to see anythin-“ I stopped as I saw mist in the crystal ball. Suddenly the mist was forming a figure.  No, not a figure, animal to be more exact. A snake. A person on the ground. Objects in a circle. The ball zoomed in on a face…a familiar face. The girl’s eyes were closed. She was saying something.

            Her eyes opened, they weren’t the pretty blue eyes everyone complimented. No they were vicious red eyes. I was pulled from the scene by Professor Trelawney, “What do you see?”

            “Me.”

James’s Pov.

            “James!” I heard a voice call from behind me. I turned to see Strai running full speed towards me.

            “Strai?” I asked when I noticed the look of pure shock on her face. “What’s wrong?”

            “I-Isawavisionofmeindetention. BecauseIhaditwithTrelaweny! AndIsawmeasmydad-“

            “STRAI!” I yelled. Her head snapped up and she stopped blabbing. “I don’t understand what your saying.”

            “I saw a vision of me in detention. Because I had it with Trelaweny! And I saw me as my dad. Well, he was more in me. I think. I was all really weird and scary and I am panicking! I don’t- I don’t-want to be evil. “ she stopped then she whispered something barely audible, “I’m scared.” Her eyes shimmered and I saw she was holding back tears.

            “Everything,” I started as I put my arm around her. “Is going to be okay. I promise.”

            “You can’t promise that without knowing?”

            “I do know.”

            “How? You can’t possibly knew the outcomes of the events that will follow”

            “Whoa! Strai, your starting to sound like Trelawney.” Her eyes widened. I laughed.

            She sighed, “It’s necessary.”

            “Wha-“ she hit me. “Ow!”

            “I warned you.”

            I smiled. Well, as long as I say something stupid then she will still be the same old Strai. “Come on.”

            “Why?”

            “We’re late.”

            “For what?” she asked confused.

            “For beater try outs. You’re trying out.”

            “WHAT?!?!?!” She shrieked.

            “You need to take out your anger on something besides me.” I told her truthfully. I took her arm and dragged her to the Quidditch Pitch.

“Come on Strai! Don’t be afraid of it!” I shouted at her.

            She stuck her tongue out at me. “Don’t tell me what to do Potter.” She remarked.

            I rolled my eyes.

            The Bludger came out of nowhere and Strai hit it with the bat and it soared. I laughed at Strai’s shocked face. I leaned forward and was next to Strai soon.

            “See that wasn’t hard.” I commented.

            “That was, that was” she stopped. I cringed thinking she was going to say something bad. “FUN!” she shouted.

            My mouth dropped. F-fun? Fun. Fun! She liked it! Yes, I knew it! Hugo owes me 10 galleons. It is wrong to take bets made about your girlfriend, but she wouldn’t mind. At least I hope.

Okay so I am sorry about not uploading sooner. But hey at least it was in the same month. That has to be a new record for me! Anywho so I just noticed that my chapter numbers were messed up so I have to fix that.

BlackSwan101 came up with the idea about the detention and all and we branched off of that so this chapter is dedicated to her. Thanks BlackSwan101!

V----V Vampireluver23

p.s. I will try to upload sooner.