Chapter 16: How Lady Hart Got Her Groove Back

Today was a good day.

My legal team, my publicist, and myself met with a very big name company, whaM who wanted to partner up with SCK for our cause.

As a result of our meeting, we're planning a European launch ball for SCK in order to raise money for the kids and the different programs I developed under SCK.

The company, whaM was willing to sponsor the event and donate $25,000 of their own money for the event.

And on top of that, the CEO, Joshua Wells was fine as hell. The English accent was definitely icing on the cake.

Every thing about the meeting went well but I was holding off signing on the dotted line until I met whaM's philanthropy chair Chad Wells who happens to be the CEO's cousin.

Joshua expressed to me that Chad and I would have to work closely together in the months leading up to the launch ball.

I wanted to make sure this Chad person was somebody I could see myself working with before agreeing to work with him.

Being that Chad was unable to attend the meeting, Joshua arranged for us at to meet at one of his family's upscale restaurants.

Which brings me to why I'm currently dressed in a red form fitted dress that went pass my knees and my favorite Louboutin heels.

I was sitted at the bar sipping on a Long Iced Tea while I waited for this Chad Wells character to show up.

I was about twenty minutes early but I didn't want to risk being late especially in a city I'm not too confident navigating in.

Garett dropped me off but I gave him the rest of the night off. The restaurant La Senza was pretty upscale and had airtight security for its rich and famous clientele so I felt safe enough to be alone without a baby sitter.

I was staring off into space when a deep and smooth voice interrupted, "Excuse me, is the seat beside you taken miss?

"No, by all means." I said motioning toward the seat.

Once he was seated, the man waved towards the bartender who immediately brought him a gin on the rocks.

Taking notice of this, I chuckled to myself.

"What?" The man quizzed as he looked at me.

"Oh nothing, you must come here often."

"How do you figure?" The man asked.

"Well the bartender seems to have your drink of preference memorized, which suggests that you're a regular."

"I admire your skills of deduction. What's an intelligent woman like you doing alone at a bar?"

"Minding my business." I said sipping my drink.

"You wound me, love." He said putting his hand to his heart and giving me puppy dog eyes. In that moment I realized how mesmerizing his brown eyes were.

"You're a big boy, you'll live."

"You American women sure do enjoy stealing hearts and stomping on them." He said sadly making me laugh.

"You're being melodramatic. But if you must know, I'm waiting for someone. We're suppose to be meeting at 9."

"How coincidental! I am also waiting for someone but I'm glad I met your mean self instead."

"Haha, very funny."

"What brings you across the pond, love?"

"Business and a little bit of pleasure."